VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Ssdi

Rate this question

Rangerwaldo

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just finished "Patrick's Self Report" last night in regards to SSDI. It was a total of 17 pages. Today Im getting all medical records, mri's etc. in order. I will work on the Adult report SS sent me this weekend. Hope I get it at the recon level. Any suggestions filling out the Adult report? One question that sticks out "what do you do all day"? I will answer all questions truthfully but I don't want to give them anything they can use against me. Suggestions welcomed!

Waldo

On my adult report I answered the truth - Wake-up take all medications get sick from some medications, end up in the bathroom - watch tv - eat lunch - take a nap -

wake up eat dinner - watch more tv - take my night time medications, get sick and go to bed. that is my day. Make sure you read every question carefully as they ask

the same question a few times. Hope this helps you.

Good Luck!

Got denial letter from ssdi today. This was my first shot at it. Time to roll up the sleeves and appeal. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Hey Waldo,

Just got my denial letter in the mail today too. Filed my 1st appeal for reconsideration online earlier tonight. They said although I could no longer do the work I had in the past, in their opinion I could still work. One thing that may be in my favor is that it appears they didn't get my doctor's letter (regarding my PTSD condition and how it is so severe that, in her opinion, it makes employment at any level of substantially gainful employment very unlikely at this time) BEFORE making their decision...

Like you, my sleeves are up and the gloves are off!! I am going to send them a package with the following: A request that my appeal be placed in the "wounded warrior track" as I hear that will speed up the process (should've done that from the start), a copy of my DD-214...again, my doctor's statement...again, Both (mental and physical) SSA residual capacity evals from my doctor and my social worker where I go for PTSD treatment (shoul've done that with original claim), another statement from my wife as to how my condition has worsened since submitting my claim, and a seperate letter requesting an "expedited review" because I am struggling to make my mortgage payments and don't want to end up living under the freeway underpass in a month or two!

I shouldn't be surprised about the denial I suppose but it's still pretty disappointing...I have so much anger towards the civilian population and their "attitude" it makes me crazy...You hear people say "supprt the troops" but all that is a bunch of crap and lip service at best. They'll gladly make taxpayers pay for their $16 muffins and $8 coffee then turn around and say they have to cut military retirement benefits because it is "too generous" as compared to the civillian workplace. Guess they forget we got shot at in the performance of OUR job, come home with wounds and scars from war, or worse...some of our brothers don't come home at all. I'd love to ask them to do the math again and see if what we get is really "too generous" for what we've been through.

Sorry about venting...just fed up with a lot of things right now. Tomorrow's another day and another battle.

Semper Fi,

Loose Cannon

SSA Residual capacity form MENTAL.pdf

SSA Residual capacity form PHYSICAL.pdf

Hey LC,

Good to hear you! I actually just mailed everything to Kentucky for scanning yesterday. I was held up a bit waiting on my shrink to fill out my mental RFC form. I got the two RFC reports (Mental&Physical) submitted along with Letters from my past employers, letters from my wife and parents etc. I also submitted a bunch of medical evidence I know they didn't have. I don't know if they have "Patricks Self Report" on Hadit? I found it on VBN under SSDI. I highly suggest doing it because you have PTSD. You will know what I mean when you see it. It's pretty simple to do Just plug in your info where it applies. BTW, A friend of mine's wife works for social. She told me I was denied most likely because of my age? She said if I was 50 I would have been approved. She told me to beef up the PTSD and depression which I did. Im hoping for the best. Make sure you check out "Patricks Self Report", It's good stuff.

RLTW,

Waldo