VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Filing Date

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The American Legion is asking vets to make sure they file their claims for any new AO presumptive by August 30th,2011.

I questioned their online article abut this but what they mean is this-

for new AO claims (IHD, Parkinson's, or Hairy Cell B)that are not under Nehmer due to a past denial,

as long as the medical evidence warrants it, the EED for these claims will be Aug 30,2010 per the new regulation's publication date.

In essense the AL means that date can be the date the "earliest entitlement arose" and could be one year prior to the claim date- if claim is received before August 2011.

(I am still puzzled by the AL article which they said was a little confusing.)

It seems to me a vet should be granted a favorable EED even if they file AFTER the Aug 30 2011 "deadline" as AL calls it.

??? any thoughts?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I am almost positive no other claim was filed. Do I have any recourse?

My friends, the government of the United States subjected you to the ravages of Agent Orange the day you stepped into Vietnam. Now they want to use some bureaucratic mumbo jumbo to justify not compensating us. Its time to hold our government accountable. They work for us, their our servents... Call your Senators and Congressperson

What you were given is a long term death sentience. Were piling up health conditions and our representatives don't give a flying (add your ending here). Dammit we're Americans. Hell bells,well will fight anybody that treads on us.Fight , call, complain just do something...Hold these rat bastards accountable.

NUF SAID.

Simper Fi .

My friends, the government of the United States subjected you to the ravages of Agent Orange the day you stepped into Vietnam. Now they want to use some bureaucratic mumbo jumbo to justify not compensating us. Its time to hold our government accountable. They work for us, their our servents... Call your Senators and Congressperson

What you were given is a long term death sentience. Were piling up health conditions and our representatives don't give a flying (add your ending here). Dammit we're Americans. Hell bells,well will fight anybody that treads on us.Fight , call, complain just do something...Hold these rat bastards accountable.

NUF SAID.

Simper Fi .

None that I know of.

NVLSP won the Nehmer Court Order so they surely would have advised you on any other recourse if one was available.

"When I spoke with my new nvlsp attorney, he said that our claim would probably not qualify because the claim was not pending or denied between 9/25/85 and 8/31/10. He also told me that there was nothing he could do until VA made a decision."

Best to contact him when a decision is made. The Sept 1985 date is when NVLSP won Beverly Nehmer widow's claim for AO death.

Prior to that there was no compensation requirements at all for any AO veterans or their survivors.