VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Filed When I Was Incarcerated

Rate this question

Airman INGCO

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"all i am saying is that i need for my claim to go through as soon as possible"

You are obviously dealing with a lot- however-it is impossible to know how long your claim will take.

VA will contact the employers listed on your TDIU form and that takes time.

Also they will send you a VCAA letter that has to be responded to.

Do you have a vet rep helping you?

You can get a copy of the C & P exam results by requesting it from the VAMC where it was done.

The results will give you a heads up on what the VA might decide on the rating and TDIU claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

What gets me is how the VA can rate a person with schizophrenia as being just 10%. It is the most severe of the psychotic disorders and yet the VA rates people with this disorder as being 10% disabled. The VA often looks only for psychotic symptoms that are active and ignores the negative ones like not being able to work. If you are hearing voices or having hallucinations you get a 100%, but if you just sit on a park bench all day you get 10%. Be careful that the VA does not try and lead you down the road towards being a sociopath. Your criminal record is going to point the VA bean counters towards a personality disorder DX. Did the VA C&P doctor ask you extensive questions about your criminal record and family problems and trouble with peers in the military and high school? Did they ask about drug and alcohol abuse?

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA says that the reason you are unemployable is due to a personality disorder you won't get TDIU. I think you did OK at the C&P since you did not fall for the fishing trip the VA likes to take vets on back to before service and into childhood problems, drug addiction, etc. A sociopath is a type of personality disorder where the main problem is an inability to live life according to society rules and laws. If a person is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia it can appear that they have a PD when they are just reacting to hallucinations and delusions. There used to be a DX called pseudopsychopathic schizophrenia which meant that the person appeared to have an anti-social personality but was really schizophrenic instead. This sounds like you. Delusions and hallucinations can cause people to do pretty bad stuff, and get you locked up for a long time. That is why it is so important to stay on your meds. I think you will be OK. What makes you the most paranoid?