VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Authorization Review

Rate this question

SCORPIO

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Good morning, and welcome!

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

yes, i've been checking everyday and there is no luck. i called the 800# and i was told that it will be a while. i wonder how long is that " a while". By the way, i forgot to mention that i filed two claims at the same time, one is for severe sleep apnea and one for gouty arthritis on my left foot. I was already rated 20% ( 10% each foot for hallux valgus with bunnions). i just wonder if there a nexus between hallux valgus with bunnions and gouty arthritis.

yes, i checked the letter generator in ebenefits and there is nothing showing. also i called the 800# last july 27 and i was told that they are going to send an inquiry through IRIS to the case manager and still no response.

Another call to the 800 # asking them specifically about the July 27th IRIS request someone at #800 made might get a better answer.

I will humbly suggest you do not even try to track the exact stage your claim is in. I have seen others do so, and it is rarely, if ever, productive. While you do need to "stay on top" of your claim, as well as monitor "if its moving at all, or if it is DOA", to expend a lot of energy on worrying in what stage your claim is in is highly unlikely to be productive, and can even be "counter productive".

Yes, I know people online say claims "are worked in the order recieved", but I do not beleive it. How can you explain one Veterans claim being done in a few months, while another Vets takes 10 years? This "wide disparity" of claim times is not an aberration..the VA even tracks claims that have gone over 125 days, tho I have no clue why, because they dont do anything about it if yours is one that has gone over 125 days. A few RO's do send out letters, "Were sorry your claim is taking so long but we are working on it". I wish they would save the postage.

I recommend taking a hobby. Fishing, camping, grandkids, golf, chess, running, sex, and not necessarily in that order, are all good alternates to worrying about your claim.

I do think if your claim has not moved in 18 months you should consider drastic action.

Even if most VA employees model themselves after Mother Teresea, like pro VA people claim, there are some who are not above putting a complaining Veterans claim at the bottom of the pile or even in an unused file cabinet. (More than one VA employee has been caught stashing Vets claims in unused file cabinets to make their bosses think they are working). Do you want your claim in an unused file cabinet in the boiler room, useful for mice as bedding? The only thing necessary to do this is to say something to irritate the wrong VA employee. How do I know this? Lets put it this way: In 2002, I told the VA I was unemployed due to SC conditions, and my TDIU claim has not been adjuticated yet, no, not the FIRST time!