VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Rob

Rate this question

maset22

Question

Today is my birthday, I guess I am lucky to have an extended family, Mom, Uncles and Cousin, They all from the old country i grew up in. Now there is not a smile on my face, I am really angry, so I stay to myself, Many different therapy, I think in a nice way they, can shove it. I will finish the programs, I know it is Me, my way of thinking, Just going to keep my mouth shut. My wife of twenty eight years, has put up with me. But these last couple of months, She blames me for no social life we had. Very good woman, I blame Her for not understanding, Ptsd, who knows? I have so much love and tenderness, in this broken body, that hurts all over, ( spondyolosis ) ridden body. What a way so spend a Birth day.. I don't want to spend my life like this. I want to love again. I think wife and myself on two different road. But I will man up, on my duty. But no love coming back. And that is no cognitive distortion. I can spend my time with my dogs, this should not have happened. How could I have lead men, now I can't keep this together . Thanks for letting me blow off some steam.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

6 answers to this question

Hold your head high and take it one day at a time. Roll with the punches and leave them in past. Its all about the here and now. You are who you are and only you can change that. The ptsd doctors can give you the tools to do so. The further out you look the steeper the road to recovery will look. One thing I have found is there is going to many days where you'll feel you took one step forward and ten back. Just don't let it get to you. After all it is one big mind game.

You're doing great coming here and blowing off some steam. Very hard to do. Happy birthday btw!

Hold your head high and take it one day at a time. Roll with the punches and leave them in past. Its all about the here and now. You are who you are and only you can change that. The ptsd doctors can give you the tools to do so. The further out you look the steeper the road to recovery will look. One thing I have found is there is going to many days where you'll feel you took one step forward and ten back. Just don't let it get to you. After all it is one big mind game.

You're doing great coming here and blowing off some steam. Very hard to do. Happy birthday btw!

I hope to get my fingers and head communicating at the same time, I try to answer from from my ipad, you see the results, 11cvoley. Thanks for your response, Yesterday I was sure mad, so I made a plan, keep my mouth shut and train my dogs, that is exactly what i did this A. M. there was part of the training to bond more with my dogs, they carried me a good way thru the trail. Thanks for your words, count on me anytime to return the big favor. You are much welcome for your wishes.

maset,

Happy Birthday !

Here's a cyber cake for you !

post-60-0-88012300-1314074110_thumb.jpg

Thanks Carlie, you know I had to smile on that one, Yes , you are appreciated, and many thanks. This moment is a better one. Thanks.