VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Terminal Illness And The Wait

Rate this topic

With all these years of terminal illness, with no exact date of the end of my life... there are many times I question if I can hold a little sanity together... the claims process is deny, deny, until I die..

I have no idea when my illness will eithe rkill me outright, or just send me back into the hospital for help, or the end of my life...

My necrotizing pancreatitits has many complications which can kill me at any time... and quickly.....

last time was 6 months of fighting fo rmy life..

I spoke to my doctors and surgeons for what's next. They told me if I get one more fever, one more infection of my pancreas.. one more blood pressure drop (splenic vein thrombosis,,, liver, ect..) they will remove my pancreas... but then what happens is my lungs collapse when the cavities surrounding them fill with water, and they must be drainded with long needles pushed betwen my ribs,, no food for months on end, not even a drink of water, more than a sip. only tube feeding...

I have gone ot mental health many, many times..

I just waiting for my claim and appeal to get through the process but they just stuff it into some metal box and it never goes anywhere.. I put in for the advancmen tof my claim due to terminal illness one month ago.. I had form 9 put in a couple years ago.. I had a dro hearing last year.. and I jsut wait and wait.. out of 6 issues, they only gave me an SSOC for 3 out of 6 issues,, which leads me to believe they may approve 3 issues in my claim and the bVA may be getting or already have the other 3. I don't know. They refuse to communicate with vets while file claims.. they never send update letters..

The American Legion is handling my claim and representing me.. they don't know what's going on either..

I have days that make me question both my sanity and whether or not I have to get to the emrgency room when I feel bad..

currently, without being graphic ..I have some symptoms that feel like internal bleeding... I have been through this before..

I have many cysts on my pancreas,, the last big cyst was 5 inches with was surgically removed, but they are unable to remove al the cysts,, they are full of poisionous liquid bodily stuff..l they are called psuedocysts..

I live on morphine and take an enzyme to digest food, to keep the pancreas from working too hard and starting an inffection..

I just don't know much longer I can go through this hell...

I know the day is coming soon when I get very sick ago, terminally ill.. but the date can be any day..

I just need them to finally stop the BS, approve my claim and let me live, give my family the benefits... stop the lies, deceit, and games..

they ahve everything they need, all documents, they have my dro hearing on tape and transcripts.. and the years are ticking by,,, the va is evil to sick disabled vets.. I made a great case with proof of abuse that caused my illnesses..

20 years sick in bed suffering... and they continue to see who long they can piss me off..

the VA is evil... I have no idea ifd they undersatand how evil they are.. if they sleep wel at night or wake up knowing the people they screw suffer..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta keep a cool head,, these people only see a person angry as a raving mental patient... I have to wait for the process to proceed normally, even if I die first,, as they wil only help once you get deeper into the process and at the bva level.. if I start trying to get politicians into this is may screw things up... I have to hang on... one reason why I do not get my congressman involved at this point is from past experience,, I had bad experiences and was treated like a mental patient when I begged for help.. and left me with a a relaly bad attitude about the politicians, and the governmnet offices... I must see if my request for the case to be moved up for terminal disease gets approved.. I must give that at least one more month...

One time I tried to get help fo rmy ssdi and thye claled the polic eon me and they took me to the county mental health,, the congressmans office lied about what I said... I spent a few months in contact witht he congressmans office,, and the very last time I called during an appeal, they sent th epolice to my home... I was treated very badly.... this is not my first rodea with the pricks running government agencies..

I was reading up on what happens with request for a claim docket to be advanced for terminal illness and they usally resond in just a few short weeks.. right now it has been about 3 weeks since my vso at the American legion told me they were going to file the paperwork requesting my claim be advanced... so far not a word... but since they mpove so slow I better give it a little more time..

the va doesn't answer to anyone and they don't give a crap... but at least my requests are on record...

The DRO left me hanging in the breeze... 3 of my biggest claim issues were never addressed with an SOC after the DRO hearing (the other 3 were still denied and I got an soc and ssoc for those)...,, so I suspect the DRO just put it away and is dicking around refusing to approve it.. as they have not denied those 3 issues .. I just don't understand why they denied 3, and never gave anything for the other 3,, they could have spent a few minutes and finsished it.. there is nothing left to do, my hearing was taped, they have every frakkin record... maybe I am paranoid, but I truly believe they enjoy watching people suffer while they dick around.. sadisitic they are..

My VSO officer hasn't told me how the request went.... I have no clue if they just sent my letter or there is a special form..

---------------------------

I got the info and idea from this website on using this request:

from handbook, VA, 'how do I appeal'

http://www.bva.va.gov/docs/Pamphlets/010202A.pdf

9.Can I request that my appeal be advanced on BVA’s docket so it willbe decided faster?

Yes.You may submit a request that BVA decide your appeal faster, and BVAhas the authority to grant such a request in limited circumstances,to include if you are of advanced age (75 years or older), havefinancial hardship or a serious illness, or for other sufficientcause. See38 C.F.R. § 20.900©. If you want to make a request to advance yourcase, you (or your representative, if you have one) must do so inwriting, and you must include the following information: (1) identifythe specific reason(s) why you seek advancement; (2) the name of theVeteran; (3) the name of the appellant, if other than the Veteran(i.e.,a Veteran’s survivor, guardian, or fiduciary); and (4) theapplicable VA file number. You (or your representative, if any) mustsend your written request to: Director, Management, Planning andAnalysis (014), Board of Veterans’ Appeals, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW,Washington, DC 20420.

=========================

look up necrotizing pancreatitis on the Internet,,, it is a terminal disease without complications,, in my case I have more complications..

from what I found ont he Internet DRO's can wait as long as they like, as usual, they answer to no one and there is no time limit in which they must make a decision... but out of decency and respect for disabled vterans, you would think they would not treat us so damned badly..

I was reading up on what happens with request for a claim docket to be advanced for terminal illness and they usally resond in just a few short weeks.. right now it has been about 3 weeks since my vso at the American legion told me they were going to file the paperwork requesting my claim be advanced... so far not a word... but since they mpove so slow I better give it a little more time..

Personally I have never seen them respond "in just a few short weeks", but have seen decisions made within

2-3 months - but from what I know that's usually only if someone is currently under the care of hospice

or a doc states in writing a prognosis of 6-12 months.

I do not have a link to support this, it is just what I have personally seen happen.

JMHO

I am editing to add - about 8 years ago now - I went into a terrible bout with Congestive Heart Failure,

MY PCP and Cardiologist started talking heart transplant within about 3 years.

Here I am - about 8years later - living my life daily the best I can and still have my same heart.

Hang in there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

If you can travel go to your VARO and ask to speak to a Counselor.

I pray that you are kept comfortable and that the VA makes a quick decision so that you have some time to enjoy winning your claim.