VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Follow Up On Your Nod !

Rate this question

emandg

Question

I called the St. Petersburg VARO inquiring into my retro CRSC and while I was at it I asked the lady to check the status of my NOD. She looked it up, read me the mandatory statement then told me that my NOD for rating increase for Dental/ Oral was in progress. I said WHOA, JUST MINUTE., if you read it, I filed for PTSD rating increase - MENTAL, NOT DENTAL. She kind of went WOW also and went about writing a note to get it corrected. I stayed on line until she told me the email had gone, then said to check in about 3 weeks to make sure. I can see how it would have played out. I get a SOC stating my NOD is declined as I have no active DENTAL claim and I have to start over. CHECK YOUR CLAIMS PEOPLE ! I'm starting to see some of the horror stories I have read about.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First of all do not call the 800 number. If you must, ask them their shoe size and the weather as these people (Call Centers) have 2 minutes to get you off of the phone and on to the next poor chump that calls.

It would be wiser to send an IRIS question. That way you have a paper trail of what they are telling you.

I agree.

The last 800# call I made did get me info on my claim but the guy started to go through everything on the PC screen-dating back to 2003-

I interrupted him and again asked specifically for the status and whereabouts of my AO IHD claim.

IRIS can be better then 800 # but they do best if the question you ask is very specific.

As John said - an email reply from IRIS or snail mail reply is far better then a phone call because they can say anything on the phone.

First of all do not call the 800 number. If you must, ask them their shoe size and the weather as these people (Call Centers) have 2 minutes to get you off of the phone and on to the next poor chump that calls.

It would be wiser to send an IRIS question. That way you have a paper trail of what they are telling you.

I agree. I work in a call center. Their stats which consist of talk time means the quicker they get you off the phone the better their stats are. If they keep getting high stats they may find themselves without a job!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Last week:

"You may experience longer than normal hold times due to a large number of callers signing up for e-benefits"

All my questions were answered by canned responses. Sent an IRIS request last Monday and still have not had a response...