VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Get An Increase On A Worsening Condition

Rate this question

2vetsin1home

Question

OK I was awarded the following in Oct. 2007:

1) thoracic strain with degenerative joint disease (DJD) 10%

2) right shoulder strain 10%

3 )cervical strain 10%

I started going back to physical therapy because pain medication just wasn't cutting it and neither were the muscle relaxers. So I decided to go to the VA. Bad idea after 4 trips to the VA PT they put me in traction and the next day I couldn't feel my right arm or fingers.

So needless to say I have been seeing docs ever since. The keep telling me it is my neck then I was told it was my shoulder, then I was told it is both of them and now I have been diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). however I still have all the shoulder problems. So I file my claim and i send all my medical reports to my DAV rep, who has yet to send in anything..... Now I have the VA asking for all my docs records (which is easier if I send in).

Telling me I was previsoulsy denied for my right hand injury (even though the numbess and all that in my arm and had is NOT related to the injury they are referring to at all)

then asking for eveidene that this all existed from military time to present.

I can't get a call back from my DAV person nor will he respond to my emails and he is always magically busy when I call. So I don't know what to do.....

Any and all help is appreciated. Can i go to a different organization such as the VFW where my husband now goes or is it too late now that someone is already my POA??

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Call nattional office of DAV and report your problem. You can also just by-pass the dav guy and send your evidence to the va. If you get denied hire a lawyer for your appeals.

I would follow the advice given. Start working your claim and getting your documents in. If this guy won't answer your calls or emails, it is doubtful that he would be able to even do a good job if he wanted to.

Agree with contacting the National DAV and ask WTF? Make your complaint reasonable.

If your service connected injuries have worsened then yes, send in the records and request an increase for the additional worsening, make sure you read the medical records thoroughly and know what the doctors put in there. My first claim I filed there were a couple of records that I assumed said what I remember me and the doctor discussing, but after reading the record the doctor wrote something a little bit different. If your statement is different from the doctor notes you are referring to, the raters will see that in a minute. Just comb through them real well, and if there is something missing you think is important, write it in your statement and state that the doctor did not annotate it.

Good luck

Just got back from my C&P was supposed to be at the end of September but they had an opneing and called me and I got seent his morning. The lady felt sorry for me because all the crap she had to do to me hurt and I was in pain so she did my range of motions then said I can handle all the paperowkr from here since you were so detailed in yoru reposnes, oh and of course she also talked to me first but she didn't want me to sit there and have to wait on her to fill all the bubbles in.. So all in all I think it went well, especially considering I wasn't feeling well at all today and my range of motion was almost at the worst it has been in a few weeks. Here is to hoping.

I finally got ahold of the guy and he was a compelte jerk to me.. Pissed me off to the point of no return so I have everythign filled out and will be mailing in all my own documents as well as all the 21-4142' in case they want to see if there is anything else. Screw that guy. I have gotten my 60% all on my own with very little help from him. He seriously has been no help and I have done all the paperwork,m less the initial filing. Ugh. Sometimes people just really rub me the wrong way and it doesn't help that I am in pain right now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Send everything certified mail/return receipt. If you can send copies keep the originals. The VA can lose even certified mail.

OK I was awarded the following in Oct. 2007:

1) thoracic strain with degenerative joint disease (DJD) 10%

2) right shoulder strain 10%

3 )cervical strain 10%

I started going back to physical therapy because pain medication just wasn't cutting it and neither were the muscle relaxers. So I decided to go to the VA. Bad idea after 4 trips to the VA PT they put me in traction and the next day I couldn't feel my right arm or fingers.

So needless to say I have been seeing docs ever since. The keep telling me it is my neck then I was told it was my shoulder, then I was told it is both of them and now I have been diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). however I still have all the shoulder problems. So I file my claim and i send all my medical reports to my DAV rep, who has yet to send in anything..... Now I have the VA asking for all my docs records (which is easier if I send in).

Telling me I was previsoulsy denied for my right hand injury (even though the numbess and all that in my arm and had is NOT related to the injury they are referring to at all)

then asking for eveidene that this all existed from military time to present.

I can't get a call back from my DAV person nor will he respond to my emails and he is always magically busy when I call. So I don't know what to do.....

Any and all help is appreciated. Can i go to a different organization such as the VFW where my husband now goes or is it too late now that someone is already my POA??