VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Get An Increase On A Worsening Condition

Rate this question

2vetsin1home

Question

OK I was awarded the following in Oct. 2007:

1) thoracic strain with degenerative joint disease (DJD) 10%

2) right shoulder strain 10%

3 )cervical strain 10%

I started going back to physical therapy because pain medication just wasn't cutting it and neither were the muscle relaxers. So I decided to go to the VA. Bad idea after 4 trips to the VA PT they put me in traction and the next day I couldn't feel my right arm or fingers.

So needless to say I have been seeing docs ever since. The keep telling me it is my neck then I was told it was my shoulder, then I was told it is both of them and now I have been diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). however I still have all the shoulder problems. So I file my claim and i send all my medical reports to my DAV rep, who has yet to send in anything..... Now I have the VA asking for all my docs records (which is easier if I send in).

Telling me I was previsoulsy denied for my right hand injury (even though the numbess and all that in my arm and had is NOT related to the injury they are referring to at all)

then asking for eveidene that this all existed from military time to present.

I can't get a call back from my DAV person nor will he respond to my emails and he is always magically busy when I call. So I don't know what to do.....

Any and all help is appreciated. Can i go to a different organization such as the VFW where my husband now goes or is it too late now that someone is already my POA??

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i had horrible problems with DAV during my last claim. in fact, the VA was more helpful. byt ti answer your question, yes you can change your VSO. i am unsure of the process.

I would follow the advice given. Start working your claim and getting your documents in. If this guy won't answer your calls or emails, it is doubtful that he would be able to even do a good job if he wanted to.

Agree with contacting the National DAV and ask WTF? Make your complaint reasonable.

If your service connected injuries have worsened then yes, send in the records and request an increase for the additional worsening, make sure you read the medical records thoroughly and know what the doctors put in there. My first claim I filed there were a couple of records that I assumed said what I remember me and the doctor discussing, but after reading the record the doctor wrote something a little bit different. If your statement is different from the doctor notes you are referring to, the raters will see that in a minute. Just comb through them real well, and if there is something missing you think is important, write it in your statement and state that the doctor did not annotate it.

Good luck

when i contacted national DAV about the lack of help here locally, they were kind enough to send me a letter saying they couldn't help me. but my friend at the orlando sentinel could.

when i contacted national DAV about the lack of help here locally, they were kind enough to send me a letter saying they couldn't help me. but my friend at the orlando sentinel could.

Oh I have contacted the national office and went on a rant and you know what they did had the stupid guy that was my rep call me.. WTF he doesn't want to help me and you are sending me back to him!? OMG what a waste....LOL

2vetsin1home these symptoms sound so familiar. What other types of symptoms are you experiencing? Any muscle spasms in the trapezius muscles and any spasms in the rhomboidal muscles?

Send everything certified mail/return receipt. If you can send copies keep the originals. The VA can lose even certified mail.

i just did that with my IU claim.the ortho doc who did my c&p said, ''i can tell you've been through this rodeo before.''