VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Environmental Epidemiology: Gulf War Longitudinal Health Study

Rate this question

sleeper692

Question

I found this a blurb on the VA web site about a "longitudinal" study for GWV's. In other words, they are doing a long term study of the health of GWV's at intervals over time and comparing the results. In the case of GWV's, the results of the study in 2011 is not encouraging. The study found that GWV's that were deployed in the combat zone have worsening health than those during the same era but were not deployed to the combat zone. GWV's are getting sicker instead of better over time and this government study proves it. When it comes to filing claims, the VA just put the smoking gun on the table for everyone to see.

I've been telling my docs (and my VARO via claims) that I am getting worse, physically and mentally, at a most alarming rate. They think I'm just trying to scam increased ratings. If they ever bother to actually read my medical records, they'll know that my condition is deteriorating quickly and my entire health care team is scrambling trying to get me help and keep me alive.

Maybe this study will help us out in the long run and get more funding for research so maybe someone can figure out what the hell is going on with us. Even better, maybe they can give us a normal life again.

The Longitudinal Health Study of Gulf War Era Veterans

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet