VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have No Clue

Rate this question

toothpick

Question

First of all I am 0% sc for fracture of lower jaw, roof of mouth and loss of teeth (11 of them at one time). Now here comes the confusing part. Filed a claim for TBI, PTSD, Anxeity, Major Depression, and IU with Severe COPD. Nsc may cover the COPD part, not sure. All of these are documented by MH at local VA. for the past 20 years. In each case meds have been increasing. My C&P exam clearly states "Vet meets criteria for PTSD". I have read Cfr 38 untill my eyes are falling out and the forums here to find out if they all tie together and roughly what % it may be. This all started 27 years ago in a peace time era. One part of 38 says it has to be combat related another says it doesn't matter. Now here's the question, in laymans terms do I stand a snowballs chance of a favorable rating? Any help would be a great comfort to my already shot nerves.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Peace time or Wartime should not make a difference if it happened while you served and you can link it to your service.

So yes from what you say you have a bona fide claim.

Thanks Pete53, even though we can file a claim for seeing purple dino's, it's the getting it approved part that scares me.