VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disablity Payment

foreveryoung

Could it be you had a dependent child who has turned 18?

I don't know of any phone numbers for VA financial department but in the past I always had a reasonably fast response from the VARO regarding financial errors.

When my FTCA offset was recouped they started sending my regular DIC checks but the amount was for the wrong year so they were much less than they should have been.

Also I added up their audit statement for a check they sent due to their overpaid recoupment amount.

(They have never gotten a single thing regarding my claims the first time around. :angry: )

This audit and refund was order by the Regional COunsel.

On my letter to the VARO I stated Send to Finance in Re under my C file number.

I said I thought they owed me about 300 more in DIC and also about 11 thousand dollars in retro because my figures regarding their audit seemed to have missed an entire year of DIC.

I enclosed as evidence the historic rate DIC chart and my scratch paper penciled figures and math of the proper DIC for the year they 'forgot'.

I got the DIC $300 check and the 11 thousand $ check with 3 weeks.

(These errors don't happen in a vacuum. We ALL have to use the historic rate chart to double check any retro they send.I didnt question the audit award letter for months.

They had sent a recoupment amount that 'seemed' to match the audit until I took the time to check it.)

The RO does not put these types of letters with the regular claims stack.

It is good to ave a vet rep who gets a copy of this letter to make sure it doesnt go in wrong stack.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic