• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

usmcgirl

Mst Question

Question

I am a survivor of MST. But my thing is is that that the military therapists diagnosed me with major depressive disorder before getting out because I never told them that I had a stalker that would break into my bks room and steal personal objects, tear up pictures of me and my fiancé and left blood all over my carpet and bathroom. This went on for months. Finally after the blood issue when I went to report the issues the military police didn't take me seriously and laughed at me and asked me if me if I wanted them to take DNA samples off the carpet and basically blew it off. they asked if I had receipts for my objects and maybe I could be reimbursed for them. it was a joke to them. A few weeks later is when the rape occurred and I didn't report it after that humiliating experience with the police. My staff NCO's kept asking me if something happened to me and I just kept telling them NO because I was afraid.

The VA and the C & P diagnosed me with PTSD as the main and side of major depressive disorder after I was finally able to open up about this. I filled out all the paper work which took a long time and was able to get witness statements from people who were around about things they remember - the break ins, my change in behavior etc... But I am afraid that the VA isn't going to validate all the evidence from the docs, the C&P, the statements and everything else. much like the police when I tried to report the issues before. My attacker was never caught in any of the cases. is there anything I can do?

The VA was just going to send my claim to the decision without a C&P exam before I contacted my congressman's office asking for help. Their staff for veteran related issues has forced the VA to return my claim to development and now I am waiting on a C&P. I don't care if it takes more time but I believe that getting your senator/congress person involved in situations like this helps a lot. Even if you get denied never admit defeat and file NOD plus continue your treatment.

Ad

It never made it to the raters. i called and they re-sent the papers for me to fill out for the letter of support, the ptsd form, ptsd secondary to personal assualt and then the other paper to decide with the evidence that i sent that i didn't have before. i never got the first package that they sent. or if i did....i don't remember.

The VA was just going to send my claim to the decision without a C&P exam before I contacted my congressman's office asking for help. Their staff for veteran related issues has forced the VA to return my claim to development and now I am waiting on a C&P. I don't care if it takes more time but I believe that getting your senator/congress person involved in situations like this helps a lot. Even if you get denied never admit defeat and file NOD plus continue your treatment.

The first time you probably got the standard ptsd claims form and not the one for secondary to personal assault. Same happened to me but with my need to research everything I caught this and sent in the correct forms the first time. It is a shame the VA doesn't help vets understand what forms they need and just sends out their common ones. Then they turn around and try to put the blame on us vets. IMO the claims process is a much bigger mind game then basic training.

Do you have a VSO that you trust and knows what they're doing?

not around me...i pretty much just walk in my health clinic and hand over the papers to my doc and she walks me through them the best she can or if she can't she calls someone and they explain them to her, she gets on her computer, prints off what they tell her and then we go from there. i am scared that these people are like robots and are going to basically laugh it off or give my claim a "yeah right....it's all in their head" b/s approach.

The first time you probably got the standard ptsd claims form and not the one for secondary to personal assault. Same happened to me but with my need to research everything I caught this and sent in the correct forms the first time. It is a shame the VA doesn't help vets understand what forms they need and just sends out their common ones. Then they turn around and try to put the blame on us vets. IMO the claims process is a much bigger mind game then basic training.

Do you have a VSO that you trust and knows what they're doing?