VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

May Not Be Able To Complete Vocrehab, Any Options For Me?

Rate this question

ply

Question

Hey guys new to this site and I been learning more and more from it everyday. I' am a 60% SC combat vet from OIF3, 50% for PTSD and 10% for my back...I been on Vocrehab

for awhile now only taking classes online due to my anxiety and panic attacks (I can't sit in class due to my anxiety, social settings in general). Recently my Vocrehab counselor

quit the job and left me high and dry without informing me and now I have to deal with someone new. My anxiety has gotten so bad to the point where I don't know whether I can

even continue taking classes online anymore (I cant even stand to think of having to go through the whole process over again with a new Vocrehab counselor), am afraid I may

not be able to continue with the program at all which leaves me more depressed. The only reason I opted for Vocrehab was because I thought I could beat my anxiety and panic

attacks, because of all of this I am feeling more depressed than ever. I am only 29 and seeing relatives and high school friends younger than me succeed leaves me

feeling worthless. I gave Vocrehab a shot and I feel like I can no longer continue, do I have any other options? I' am tired of "fighting" to get back on my feet since 2006, I was

recently awarded SSDI but even with SSDI and 60% SC...do I continue and keep trying with Vocrehab? I don't even think this counselor will even keep me in Vocrehab,

suggestions will really help a lot, I'm grateful theres a community accessible to young vets like me. I been "fighting" my PTSD since 2006 I haven't been able to hold a job

since then now not even go to school.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Is the SSDI solely for what VA has service connected?

If so and also if the VocRehab counselor finds you to be unable to continue- solely due to your SCs-then you have ample evidence to apply for TDIU which is paid at 100% comp rate.

Do you live near a Vet Center?

The vet centers provide an atmosphere that is vet friendly and helps stave off isolation from others who might not understand your service disabilities and/or might not care.

I was a VA vet center volunteer in the PTSD rap group many years ago. It always amazed me how some vets came to their initial weekly meeting with trepidation. They usually left feeling better after getting lots of feedback from other PTSD vets.

They always left knowing they were NOT alone with their feelings.

One of the worse things I noticed about PTSD is that it isolates veterans.But actually PTSD vets isolate themselves then deal with loneliness until they start to reach out which becomes harder to do if the isolation continues.

Isolation can even make a small problem seem to grow bigger.

Your VAMC might even have a PTSD group meeting right on their grounds.You can always leave if you feel uncomfortable.

Hi Berta,

As far as I know SSD is solely based on my SC'd conditions, I will have to verify later today again to be 100% sure. From what I take, inability to complete Vocrehab along with my

SSD award is ample enough to apply for TDIU? Would I have to increase my SC since I get 50% PTSD and 10% back? I'll also be turning in my SSD award letter this week to

the VARO.

Currently I do not live near a Vet Center, but I have been part of groups before and it does feel good to know I am not alone. I still can't help isolating myself in other areas due

to anxiety. I'll be educating myself more through this site, updating as well. Thanks Berta!

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be 100% by VA than do they have a copy of your SS award? If not get it to them and ask for TDIU if you have not already