VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Messed Me Over

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

OK here is a beautiful mess created by the VA. As earlier stated in a earlier post I had a decided case and put in a request to find status on the case.

The status was the case had been decided upon and was in the notification page. However when th VA in Washington applied a TDIU claim to my file

I find the whole file back in development. So apparently because they filed the TDIU they will put me back at the starting line and I am in development stage. Lord I waited 14 months for the case be deceided and now I hope not but all signs to a new 14 month wait.

Somebody please tell me I am wrong LOL.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Did you send them a filled out TDIU form?

They might be checking the employers and anything else they need to check.

Also if you get SSDI they will want to get those records too.

I don't think you are going to start from day one at all-I think they are 'developing' the TDIU claim and TDIU is better than any lower rating you might have to appeal.

Most vets have to apply for TDIU themselves as the VA wont consider it because of their rating.

In your case it looks to me like VA did the right thing to consider you for TDIU at this point.

Do you have a vet rep? They might be able to get more info for you on the status.

But no one can predict how long any claim could take.

Hang in there may not be as bad as you suspect.

Good Luck by the way.

Thanks Pete53 will keep you updated on what goes on. I just am not used to the VA on it's own law or npt saying "Hey you need this" and then doing it me asking for it. I will try to keep positive thoughts and thanks for the best eishes God Bless you and yours.

Hang in there may not be as bad as you suspect.

Good Luck by the way.

where do i get a TDIU form from. i as well told the lady on the phone that ask my what i was putting my claim in for. i told her ever thing i could think of and the TDIU. should i have filed them one by one claim? i know berta told me the i could only file for one mh or they would not give a rating but for one. but i saw on one site the hadit put up by some ex-dr that worked for the va said u could. it was some ruling from 2009. will find it and let you know.

Edited by sparkle