VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Health Insurance, Medicare And The Va

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

How does having private health insurance, medicare part a and b and the va affect if at all a 100% sc veteran?

Anybody know?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tbird

I don't think having private insurance or medicare affects 100% vets except the VA will bill your private insurance for anything they think is not service-connected. They even billed my BC/BS for my last C&P exam. The VA won't pay co-payments on your private insurance or medicare. Other than that they are separate. I use VA for somethings and private docs for other things.

• HadIt.com Elder

T-bird,

As far as I know the VA is the second payer in most cases, such as CHAMPVA ect... I'm not sure how VA works with Medicare A and B though!

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

Being 100% SC has no effect at all on any other insurance one may have. If someone tells you it does , just take it as they are trying to blow smoke up your azz.

Guest frank
Tbird

I don't think having private insurance or medicare affects 100% vets except the VA will bill your private insurance for anything they think is not service-connected. They even billed my BC/BS for my last C&P exam. The VA won't pay co-payments on your private insurance or medicare. Other than that they are separate. I use VA for somethings and private docs for other things.

i thought if you are 100%,you do not pay for anything ,here in new jersey it,s done that way, frank