VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independfent Living Program

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After over 3 years and going on four I will once again meet with my Voc Rehab Counselor for the fifth time to review Independent Living Program. However this time we have a document from someone they hired that recommends that ILP provide me with a Temperpedic Bed and a HVAC System. By email my counselor promised to get what was on the list that I did not get via HISA Grant. Construction on my new walk in shower started Saturday and is supposed to finish tomorrow. I am very happy with it and to my dismay you can get a very nice bathroom for 5600 using a VA recommended contractor.

I intend to listen more than talk. She has the recommendation by the hired consultant. The only downside is maybe trying to go cheap as they can but how can you miss with new a/c and temperpedic bed.

My son is going to take me as our hot weather 65 days over 100 have sapped me and I need to be sure I don't crash and get stuck at VA.

This should not be so dern hard.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, have you and Mrs Pete ever slept on a tempurpedic?

They are great mattresses. The only negative is it is difficult to roll out of because of the memory foam.

J

That may be a good thing as I roll out to easy now. Have fallen out of bed twice in last month.

:rolleyes: