VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Would You Handle

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

hoe would you handle this if va states no records found,no medical records what would you do?send a lod?for what va did nothing for you to file a lod,file a appeal? now va has just tied your hands, but wait you served in air force, and navy how did this happen? records a gone how do you prove you were in service? this happend to me, again ask what would you do ? frank

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest anfrnkie
Atmospheric Nuclear Testing and The US Navy

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq4-1.htm

Atomic Veterans History Project

http://www.aracnet.com/~pdxavets/index.shtml

attention wings,went up to see sentor yesterday,first thing he did was call washington,told them to look over everything,and get back to him,he also said i have proof to go after va in federal court,he,s going to give me the federal veterans number,and i am going to give them all my proof,looks like i am going back to air force for compensation,smc as well,navy will be ptsd i really don,t know hoe they will work it out,but i stated all compensation smc are 3;105a i called va they said they are rading now will hear soon,got a letter from insurance today they found my old policy from 1949,the are going to send me papers ,of the policy,but i already have that i hope you are doing well,i will let you know when i hear something.

Dear Frank, Prior to the advent of personal computers, military service - (paper based) record keeping was a bare bones necessity. You're talking some 50 years ago, the military just didn't keep good medical records, if any! You are lucky to have the hospital progress reports. How did you secure them? I think you're 7 months in-patient hospitalization was VERY significant. Have you ever sought out your USS Hobson buddies, survivors to share stories with?! Were you on the Hobson or the Wasp?! I would think you'd get more information from service members??? Were they running some secret medical tests that have been de-classified??? ~Wings
wings, thank you for your help, sorry i took so long to answer,cannot find my posts,there are so many pages.first I was not on hobson,I was on wasp I got the files with hospital report,with records in 2003,I dropped all appeals today,found out 1978 claim was opensd,I had filed another claim the same month,this claim was for air force,and navy,claim has va stamp on It,dated jan,1978,march 1978,so I wrote va today to apply all new records and medical found in 2003 to claim,also I have a non service connected,perement medical disiblty,in 1994,as va states in letter according to your records of 1948 proof of1993 as well will apply as i am service connected for puncherd ear drum in 1993 also c&p exam will support mt claim,va kept this back from me all these years,champva is also working with me the wanted rading of 1993 stating to re open claim of 46-49 and 52-56, so they can over ride va ,also they are checking if i am tricare or champva,also my congressman,is doing a investation on newark va,I got a call today from his office my case was sent to va in washington,congresmans office said my case is a msjor case and I might be asked hoW i got all those records and who sent them to me,so va has to work on both cases going back to both terns of service, I hope you get this i have not seen yuo posts in a long time frank

Frank, What's "lod" ???

The VA did in fact recover SOME, but not all of your SMR's. You do have a DD-214 to prove you are a veteran. So, why ask hypothetical questions that do NOT apply to your claim(s)?

PLEASE get a service officer Frank.

WINGS i HAVE A DD53 AIR FORCE AND A DD214 NAVY, i do have help my congressman is helping,there is also a federal Invesation going on me case was sent to va in wasington,it is now back in newark,congressman office called today said federal agent might call to find out hoe I got a that information from va frank

• HadIt.com Elder
wings, thank you for your help, sorry i took so long to answer,cannot find my posts,there are so many pages.first I was not on hobson,I was on wasp I got the files with hospital report,with records in 2003,I dropped all appeals today,found out 1978 claim was opensd,I had filed another claim the same month,this claim was for air force,and navy,claim has va stamp on It,dated jan,1978,march 1978,so I wrote va today to apply all new records and medical found in 2003 to claim,also I have a non service connected,perement medical disiblty,in 1994,as va states in letter according to your records of 1948 proof of1993 as well will apply as i am service connected for puncherd ear drum in 1993 also c&p exam will support mt claim,va kept this back from me all these years,champva is also working with me the wanted rading of 1993 stating to re open claim of 46-49 and 52-56, so they can over ride va ,also they are checking if i am tricare or champva,also my congressman,is doing a investation on newark va,I got a call today from his office my case was sent to va in washington,congresmans office said my case is a msjor case and I might be asked hoW i got all those records and who sent them to me,so va has to work on both cases going back to both terns of service, I hope you get this i have not seen yuo posts in a long time frank

Frank, It sounds like you are working very hard on your VA Claims. I'm glad to hear you have gained the support of your Congressman. I had a feeling that you would get more help by sitting down one-to-one with people and talking about the issues.

Frank, I know you were sent 'some' records by that "nice lady" who worked for the VA, but when 'they' ask "how you got those records", you might tell them that you applied for your SMR records dating back to your first claim in 1958 (?) It seems obvious the VA had some of your records going way back in time: records they denied having for YEARS! Keep up the fight!

And I'm sorry you are having difficulty navigating the forums. I have the same troubles finding things here. My problem is my eyes. It's time for me to get some new glasses. The print is just too small for me to read. ~Wings

Frank, It sounds like you are working very hard on your VA Claims. I'm glad to hear you have gained the support of your Congressman. I had a feeling that you would get more help by sitting down one-to-one with people and talking about the issues.

Frank, I know you were sent 'some' records by that "nice lady" who worked for the VA, but when 'they' ask "how you got those records", you might tell them that you applied for your SMR records dating back to your first claim in 1958 (?) It seems obvious the VA had some of your records going way back in time: records they denied having for YEARS! Keep up the fight!

And I'm sorry you are having difficulty navigating the forums. I have the same troubles finding things here. My problem is my eyes. It's time for me to get some new glasses. The print is just too small for me to read. ~Wingswings good to hear from you,thank you for your help,since I found my claim is still open,and i called the 8oo# and found out there records do not go back that far,and i had found I records va wrote a letter to of all things a visiting nurse,claim I have used their service,visIting nurse wrote back, sorry we have no record of visIting this person,3-29-78,proof va was working on my case,that is all I needed to prove va has worked on my claim in 1978,that,s a good Idea about the the SMR I will use it,claim just came back from washington va, so i droped a appeals as stated, now with all those records from file , i can go back to 46-49 an 52 -56 I how the hospital reports made it through the fire? I will keep you posted,va had me all set up for,ssoc,statments,now I wonder how they will handle this keep you posted frank

Dear Frank, Prior to the advent of personal computers, military service - (paper based) record keeping was a bare bones necessity. You're talking some 50 years ago, the military just didn't keep good medical records, if any! You are lucky to have the hospital progress reports. How did you secure them? I think you're 7 months in-patient hospitalization was VERY significant. Have you ever sought out your USS Hobson buddies, survivors to share stories with?! Were you on the Hobson or the Wasp?! I would think you'd get more information from service members??? Were they running some secret medical tests that have been de-classified??? ~Wings
wings,I don,t know about secret tests,but I always wondered about the hospital stay ,and 3 needles, three times a day, and even back then I can,t think why 7 months in hospital for puncherd ear drum, I was in hospital for a pinkish brown rash,rash was on my face ,arms trunk legs,i judt found out that is radiation,but navy never stated that,and then i get rading exposed to radiation,set up exam,service connected for puncherd ear drum,and va never sent ne a letter,just put it in file,and I knew nothing about this,to think I went to war,for this did not find out until 2003,really rotton people and if it was not for us they would not have a job frank