VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc

Rate this topic

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, the rule says total plus 60%. I would try and get the other problems SC'ed. Borderline DMII is DMII. If you have one fasting glucose abover 124 that is strong evidence of DMII.

• HadIt.com Elder

If your PTSD induces agoraphobia than you would qualify for an S rating or another 300 + a month.

If you have issues with bathing, personal hygiene, feeding, cooking and several other you could qualify for A&A benefits. The payment for that is 1950 a month.

If you search Hadit there is a lot of info on A&A and SMC.

Good Luck

If I understood this you have 100% for PTSD and separate 50% for HL----

you could consider what Pete said ( the Housebound benefit) and/or -when was last time your hearing was checked? Has it gotten worse?

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=d0ba0dea5c2db2b1247e98e07ca7a10a&rgn=div6&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2&idno=38

under 4.87 are the audio ratings.

And what John said too as to the Diabetes.

I will try to give you more infomation, excuse my typing it is hard for me. I have hearing aids and they say my hearing loss is profound. MY doctor says my fasting glucose was 130, I am over weight,and suffer fom major depression. I asked a dva service officer and he said that opening the possibility of smc could cause the va to lower my ratings and I could loose my 100% benifits. He said I am better of not opening any new claims and keep what they have given me. I realy feel being expose to agent orange is starting to have systoms for me, and I am having concerns for my life and for my wife and what would happen to her if I was gone. thanks for your help

• HadIt.com Elder

Fisherman, where were you exposed to AO.

DMII is a presumptive to AO exposure.

There is a host of other diseases associated with AO exposure. IHD, Certain Cancers.

You should be careful with this as I take it you are a Professional Guide. Be extremely weary of the USCG and the Sea Academy when you have serious issues. I h ave seen them really mess with someones license.

Also, find the form, fill it out and fire your service officer. Bad advice from them has cost vets a lot of money. Find a new so or get an attorney who is an expert on VA claims.

Finally, hang in there. This stuff will drive you nuts but one needs to remain resolvent to overcome what the VA throws at you.

Basser