VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc

Rate this topic

Fisherman, where were you exposed to AO.

DMII is a presumptive to AO exposure.

There is a host of other diseases associated with AO exposure. IHD, Certain Cancers.

You should be careful with this as I take it you are a Professional Guide. Be extremely weary of the USCG and the Sea Academy when you have serious issues. I h ave seen them really mess with someones license.

Also, find the form, fill it out and fire your service officer. Bad advice from them has cost vets a lot of money. Find a new so or get an attorney who is an expert on VA claims.

Finally, hang in there. This stuff will drive you nuts but one needs to remain resolvent to overcome what the VA throws at you.

Basser

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up my coast guard license in 2006 because of my disability and haven't worked since, been going to group and taking meds for PTSD. But I feel I am losing my health, because no one in my family has had diabets, and I know my health is changing. I never messed with the va for forty years, but now I need them. Ptsd has always inpacted my life and it just won,t go away I live with it everyday. I am just afraid to open a new claim, for fear they will reduce what they have given me I don't trust them or the gov. tell me you thought thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

I gave up my coast guard license in 2006 because of my disability and haven't worked since, been going to group and taking meds for PTSD. But I feel I am losing my health, because no one in my family has had diabets, and I know my health is changing. I never messed with the va for forty years, but now I need them. Ptsd has always inpacted my life and it just won,t go away I live with it everyday. I am just afraid to open a new claim, for fear they will reduce what they have given me I don't trust them or the gov. tell me you thought thanks

Have you had an A1C test done for the blood glucose. It is the standard for DMII diagnosis and is a lot more credible than a Finger Stick.

If you can prove AO exposure then the DMII will be connected.

J

Hello John and Fisherman,,,,,,, The Coast Guard and all Federal Licensing entities are expanding to meet the Obamacare guidelines. Whether we like it or not over the last 2 years the licensing positions of the Coast Guard went from a 6 page medical renewal with physical to 26 pages and they comb over it like a fine tooth comb. They will and are messing with everyone as the jobs with the medical examining teams have to justify their positions. I am well aware of it and a beneficiary of their beaurcreacy.

As far as the Sea Academy goes they are a private training group that acts an intermediary to help with those licenses , anything to do with Coast Guard licenses or Merchant Marine Licenses. Oilers, Engineers Deckhands , Capitains etc all must put up with it from the Coast Guard. Don't be afraid of the Sea Academy as they are the Mariners friend and help to get problems ironed out.

It surely shows that we are heading to more government control and regulation in everything. Say it aint so .......but it is. Remember fisherman ......NEVER GIVE UP , God Bless, C.C.