VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Ao Exposure May Have Caused Tumors

Rate this question

NSA-Saigon-ET

Question

Hi Folks,

I filed for a couple of issues stemming from service in Vietnam and exposure to AO. I ended up developing two tumors which have now been removed.

One of the claims is listed under SMC since the tumor was in my scrotum and was next to my right testicle. The VA removed the tumor and testicle, which is a normal process.

So I was looking for SMC (k) on that issue.

For this issue I basically wanted to get it in on the books. i don't really expect any awards except perhaps a residual scar compensation.

Anyway it is included here in PDF format for the statements by me and the C & P just performed by the VA.

Neck Scar-10%.pdf

C & P Exam Neck Tumor.pdf

NSA-Saigon-ET

C & P Exam Medical Opinions.pdf

Edited by NSA-Saigon-ET

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The military and VA really made a mess of your records. You would have to prove via medical evidence that the tumors were caused by AO. The number of denials you got for issues that were clearly service connected is really shocking. It sort of reminds me of the vet who was denied for wounds that included embedded shrapnel because the VA decided he could not prove it came from Vietnam duty. It is again shocking that the military and VA would have allowed so much time to go by before they investigated and removed your tumors. If they were cancer you would have been dead years ago. You don't want to talk about CUE, EED or new and material evidence so I will let that pass. I sure hope you don't depend on the VA for all your treatments. We Vietnam vets all need to be hyperaware of possible cancers. All of them probably are related to AO exposure, but not all are presumptive.

The military and VA really made a mess of your records. You would have to prove via medical evidence that the tumors were caused by AO. The number of denials you got for issues that were clearly service connected is really shocking. It sort of reminds me of the vet who was denied for wounds that included embedded shrapnel because the VA decided he could not prove it came from Vietnam duty. It is again shocking that the military and VA would have allowed so much time to go by before they investigated and removed your tumors. If they were cancer you would have been dead years ago. You don't want to talk about CUE, EED or new and material evidence so I will let that pass. I sure hope you don't depend on the VA for all your treatments. We Vietnam vets all need to be hyperaware of possible cancers. All of them probably are related to AO exposure, but not all are presumptive.

Thanks John999,

I know what you mean about proving the tumors were caused by AO exposure in Vietnam. Like I said at least it is on the books now and if they ever change it to be a presumptive condition, then I am all set. I still might get a 10% for the scars. Lets wait and see what they decide,