VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Lasted About 10 Minutes

Rate this question

usmcfigdaddy

Question

"Even though you meet one or more of the criteria for a higher evaluation ,and a gaf score of 43 ,your over all evidentiary record shows that severity has not increased...the exam was on a Friday afternoon.I emailed my VSO a week ago and still have not received an answer about what to do next...I have lost all faith in her and have had several heated exchanges with her about her lack of feed back and NEVER a reply on emails sent to her office..This was my 2ND C&P....have a hearing scheduled before the board of appeals sometime in the near future..not sure when..I have asked her for a copy of all material sent by her office to the VA on my behalf and she says she will not do this...Should I TRY to find another VSO..currently with Military Order Of The Purple Heart..I receive 2PH in Nam in 69 with 1st MarDiv ...I really NEED some help on this ..just at a lost of what to do for now..

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta, I am 50% for PTSD and haven't worked in about 2 years...I am on meds for night mares and anxiety since my 1st eval...Just called my VSO and she hadn't had a chance to look at my latest C&P report and I feel sure she got it the same time I did a week ago...says next board hearing is in Feb2012

If you have not worked in two years you should apply for TDIU (Total disability Individual Unemployability). What does your current mental health records say about your condition? Does it say that you are unemployable due to service connected PTSD or disabilities.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

Edited by pete992

If you have not worked in two years you should apply for TDIU (Total disability Individual Unemployability). What does your current mental health records say about your condition? Does it say that you are unemployable due to service connected PTSD or disabilities.

http://www.vba.va.go...21-8940-ARE.pdf

Pete I have been told that you need a 70% rating to apply for Tdiu and I only have 50% PTSD..not sure about mental health records...but have been seeing mental health and attending classes for about a year now.I had a head wound in 69 and when I filed my claim I also filed for tinnitus.They said I didn't have a ringing in my ears...how in the heck can they tell me that....I hear it all the time

Pete I have been told that you need a 70% rating to apply for Tdiu and I only have 50% PTSD..not sure about mental health records...but have been seeing mental health and attending classes for about a year now.I had a head wound in 69 and when I filed my claim I also filed for tinnitus.They said I didn't have a ringing in my ears...how in the heck can they tell me that....I hear it all the time

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, for extra-schedular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

Not true, you were given bad advice, you can file now, VA can increase your PTSD to 70% and award you TDIU. What did your rating decision say when you were awarded 50%?

John999 asked have you applied for SSDI? I did not see your response but you can get both if you qualify.

Edited by pete992

after looking for a job for about a year @ min age I applied for my SS but have not applyied for SSDI and as I thought my VSO is worthless and not very knowledgeable about her job...I wonder just how many of my brothers and sisters she has misled

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, for extra-schedular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

Not true, you were given bad advice, you can file now, VA can increase your PTSD to 70% and award you TDIU. What did your rating decision say when you were awarded 50%?

John999 asked have you applied for SSDI? I did not see your response but you can get both if you qualify.

If you tell SSA or VA that you are looking for work they will deny your claims. SSDI and TDIU are for people who can't work because of their disabilities. You might make too much money for SSI but you may qualify for SSDI. SSI (Supplemental Security Income is for low income people who have not paid into social security). SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance is where you paid into social security and can no longer work and SSA will pay you based on what you paid in).

".says next board hearing is in Feb2012 "

Why did she say that? Is this a VARO level decision?

You can apply for TDIU ( the form is available here - # 21-8940) anytime your service connection prevents you from working.

Pete is right-another case of a vet rep who doesnt have a clue-

"Not true, you were given bad advice, you can file now, VA can increase your PTSD to 70% and award you TDIU. What did your rating decision say when you were awarded 50%?"

It would help if we could see the actual decision- can you scan it (cover personal stuff) and attach it to a post here?

"I had a head wound in 69" was it from the Nam?

Was it documented in your SMRs?

The scar ratings are here under the Diagnostic code link.

Did they give you any rationale for why they denied the tinnitus?

Can you also scan and attach the C & P results?