VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Lasted About 10 Minutes

Rate this question

usmcfigdaddy

Question

"Even though you meet one or more of the criteria for a higher evaluation ,and a gaf score of 43 ,your over all evidentiary record shows that severity has not increased...the exam was on a Friday afternoon.I emailed my VSO a week ago and still have not received an answer about what to do next...I have lost all faith in her and have had several heated exchanges with her about her lack of feed back and NEVER a reply on emails sent to her office..This was my 2ND C&P....have a hearing scheduled before the board of appeals sometime in the near future..not sure when..I have asked her for a copy of all material sent by her office to the VA on my behalf and she says she will not do this...Should I TRY to find another VSO..currently with Military Order Of The Purple Heart..I receive 2PH in Nam in 69 with 1st MarDiv ...I really NEED some help on this ..just at a lost of what to do for now..

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PS -the BVA's wording of this tinnitus award might help you appeal the tinnitus denial:

"The Veteran is competent to report evidence about what he has

experienced, including tinnitus. See Layno, 6 Vet. App. at 465.

To the extent that he reports continuous symptoms since the

initial onset of tinnitus in service, the Board also finds the

Veteran to be credible. While the Board recognizes some post-

service audiometric testing where tinnitus is not noted, silence

in this case does not represent negative evidence as these were

merely audiometric tests and not full audiological evaluations.

As the Veteran is found to be credible, his current statements to

the effect that he has experienced continuous symptomatology

since active service are highly probative of chronicity and

continuity of symptomatology. In conclusion, the preponderance

of the evidence supports granting the claim of service connection

for tinnitus."

http://www.va.gov/vetapp10/Files4/1037520.txt

Make sure you make the VA aware that you were exposed to acoustical trauma ( gun fire etc ) and that the USA didn't issue you protective hearing gear. This helps claims for Hearing loss that are denied but then again it could certainly help prove tinnitus from service too. Did you claim the tinnitus as starting in service?

Geeez- Ist Mar Div 1969-and 2 PHs and they (the VA) don't get it.

Hi ,

I hope you realize that since you already have been awarded a claim for PTSD, that you may use an outside resource to give an IMO (independent medical opinion)update to your issues. Of course you will have to pay for the fees yourself, but a small price may get you big rewards. Just a thought for you to consider.

You have stated you have received 2 c&P exams in the past and neither has helped your claim. Perhaps finding a private doctor experienced in writing evaluations for PTSD may be just what you need.

Another thing to consider is that almost all good VSO's are simply swamped with work and do not have the time to give more than quick answers to what they know and will guess for answers they are not sure . It has always been my opinion to use the VSO to answer questions I have concerning certain regulations and to file my evidence and correspondence from their office.

If you rely on others to drive your claim then you may be very dis-satisfied with the results. This is just my opinion and is based from my own experience.

A key thing to remember is that keeping the claim at the lower level regional office may be quicker and cheaper to get the results you want, but as it goes up the levels of organization it becomes a more complex issue and out of your control.

Good Luck!

nsa-saigon-et

Pete I have been told that you need a 70% rating to apply for Tdiu and I only have 50% PTSD..not sure about mental health records...but have been seeing mental health and attending classes for about a year now.I had a head wound in 69 and when I filed my claim I also filed for tinnitus.They said I didn't have a ringing in my ears...how in the heck can they tell me that....I hear it all the time

File a NOD on the tinnitus if you haven't already. A head injury should be a no brainer at the regional office to get this changed. Tinnitus is almost the easiest thing for a combat vet to get reversed. The first round raters like to deny it, but it is pure B.S and they only win if you don't file a NOD. If your decision time has been over a year then file for a new claim of tinnitus.

Remember that a 10% rating is $123/mo. for a single vet.

Finally after 38 months of tons of research on Hadit and letters to senators and representatives and endless appeals and classes and meetings with clueless people about combat and the horrors of reliving it almost nightly for over 40 years.....TDIU awarded 100% total and permanent . I would like to say THANKS for all the help and advice from all my Brothers and Sisters here at Hadit..and for all of you still fighting the good fight I say STAY AFTER IT and...... Semper Fi