VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Are The Other Va Medical Centers?

Rate this topic

Columbia Mo isn't too bad. We get some snow here. Last year had more than ever. Usually not bad to drive in. Usually have 4 seasons. Homes in some smaller towns around there are very reasonable. Columbia can be pricey. There are really small towns with some in town or on some acres reasonable like 50k maybe...one little town auction of older home (lady passed away) 3 bedrooms/2 baths double car garage on 4 lots went for 13k. It was about 60 yrs old but she kept it up. EVEN HAD A NEW FURNACE. Told my goofball spouse he should have bought it and rented it out. But that house was 100 miles from clinic/hospital. There are buys out there though. I am from NY and living in the boonies is fair sometimes I like the privacy, but for years when health was decent, hated it!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia Mo isn't too bad. We got some snow here. Last year had more than ever. Usually not bad to drive in. Usually have 4 seasons. Homes in some smaller towns around there are very reasonable. Columbia can be pricey. There are really small towns with some in town or on some acres reasonable like 50k maybe...one little town auction of older home (lady passed away) 3 bedrooms/2 baths double car garage on 4 lots went for 13k. It was about 60 yrs old but she kept it up. EVEN HAD A NEW FURNACE. Told my goofball spouse he should have bought it and rented it out. But that house was 100 miles from clinic/hospital. There are buys out there though. I am from NY and living in the boonies is fair sometimes I like the privacy, but for years when health was decent, hated it!

Harry S Truman Veterans Memorial Hospital. Across the street is Mo Teaching hospital...really good one!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess buying a home is ingrained in most but if I was going to move I would rent and I would look at small towns and rural.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I depended on the VA I would move very close to a place near a VAMC and a VARO. St Pete, Florida would be ideal if the VARO were not such bastards.

• 3 weeks later...

Dayton VAMC is okay... but the administrative tend to make thing ambiguous. Like when your eligible for a meal voucher. Your eligible for one when you having a fasting lab ordered by your pcp, but you have to use it on the day that you get the lab. You would think this information would be imparted at the primary clinic, but they don't tell you. I schedule all my appointments for the same day pt, mental health, prosthetics, primary. So, I am at the VA from seven thirty till three thirty, so you'd somebody would tell you.

Also Dayton's dental care has been suspect, due to the apparent reuse of dental implements between vets. It's suppose to be better now, and I am going to go, because I have no other choice, but... I hope I don't catch anything like the 514 veterans that were contaminated with hepatitis.

Tucson is getting much better. Especially the emergency room.

However we have only 2 seasons .Fall and summer. Thats is why all the snowbirds come here during the winter and the VA gets pretty full. If you don't mind up burning up during the summer, the rest of the year is great.

Also due to the mortgage issue, there are lots of foreclosed properties on the market. These homes are half what I paid.