VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bilateral Radiculapathy

Rate this question

mdrn

Question

I am a registerd nurse spent a yr at FSH TX in 06. Developed septic arthritis that trashed my right knee requiring a tkr in aug 2010. Had a claim for low back pain that didnt include the radiculopathy which was denied due to not being documented in my smr. I'm a reservist with 33 yrs. Been getting epidurals for 10 yrs. Have medical statements from 2 drs a pain and neurosurgeon who did a micro laminectomy 12/2010 that the altered gait from pain has worsened the radiculopathy and caused a disc herniation l5-s1 stating that my right knee pain from tkr exacerbated permanently my back. In my c file they stated no additional c&p as my back was denied. . Just wanted to get thoughts if they will bounce my radiculopathy claim ? or can you have a free standing radiculopathy claim. Also just had my 1 year tkr follow up with a new VES doc. Was impressed had occupational health back ground , states due to chronic pain and being on oxycontin / vicodin for chronic pain and weakness and that my joint is loose i need to look for a career change and she would reflect that in her notes. Also found my right leg was around an inch shorter. I Thanks for any insight

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

my claim for the same thing was denied. the reason, however, was the DAV division service officer wrote the wrong diagnosis for my claim. and the NSO didn't catch the error. when she asked why the rating board turned me down, she was told it was because of the wrong diagnosis. if the claim had been for the radiculopathy, i would have been granted service connection.

the most i've heard anyone get is 10 percent. you might get 20 because it is bilateral as mine is. good luck.

mdrn stated:

"which was denied due to not being documented in my smr."

have you checked your SMRs yourself?