VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Tdiu~Huge Relief

Rate this topic

eagle-eye

My local DAV rep is leaving and going to work for The Wounded Warrior Project. He said he wanted to leave knowing whether I was awarded or denied my IU since we already knew it had been rated. He called Houston and got a e-mail copy of my official notification letter. It states they are increasing from 80% to 90% service connected and awarding me TDIU. I am not P&T. I have one future exam. I am bing back paid for the additional 10% to Oct 09 and back paid for the TDIU to April 09...I was thrilled about that last part because they didn't go by the day I filed for TDIU but instead went back to the day I was awarded 70%.

I'm also relieved to find out what's been possibly causing my intense headaches (besides stress). I had an X-Ray and an MRI done on my neck. This was requested because I finally disclosed to my Dr about how badly I was hurt in this area and the back of head during an assualt. The MRI shows that I have arthritis in the neck and upper back. Finally proof that i'm not causing my own pain psychologically. I can't count how many times my primary dr, psychiatrist, neurologist and a few others have theorized that I'm bringing on the pain because of my PTSD.

Anyway, I won this battle and now have to gear up for the Judicial hearing for appealing my SSD.

Thanks for all the great advice. I only wish I found this ite BEFORE filing my claim. I would have made less mistakes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use