VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I Need Anything Elese?

Rate this question

usmc89

Question

Hi I am new to Hadit and i have been trolling for awhile. This is my first post so please be patient with me :rolleyes:.

My name is Frank i am a Persain Gulf War Vet. Been out for 21 yrs. I have a lot on my plate but the one i am worried about is my PTSD. Saw something while i was in service my wife saw a change in me she was beggin me for yrs to go and see someone but i said no then i finally went when i got to agggresive whith ny chilldren. So i whent to the VA and got assesed first then saw the Social worker and my phy DR who presicebed me the meds got the progress notes and here it is.

DIAGNOSIS:

AXIS I: Mood disorder due to family stressors, medical issues, PTSD

AXIS II: Deferred

AXIS III: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Lyme Diseses, much pain

AXIS IV: Family health stresses

AXIS V: 57

plus i am taking Mgmt. Group.

do i have a chance with this if i claim this. Any adviise will be helpful. oh and i have a letter from my spouse about hoe=w i am now and back then.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You need to review the info in our Gulf War forum.I will bump it up if it isn't easy to find.

"Fibromyalgia, Chronic Lyme Diseses, much pain" this might well fall into the specific Gulf War presumptives.

When was the Lyme disease diagnosed - in service or since? If VA rates this they would be rating any ratable residuals of the Lyme Disease.

"AXIS I: Mood disorder due to family stressors, medical issues, PTSD"

That is troublesome to me.

"Saw something while i was in service my wife saw a change in me she was beggin me for yrs to go and see someone but i said no then i fin...."

If that is your claimed stressor you will have to give the VA enough details to prove it.

Can you obtain a buddy statement verifying what you saw?

Did your MOS support being at time and place of what you saw?

You will have to tell VA what you saw.

This is quite vague and VA needs details.

The new PTSD criteria is in our PTSD forum. Other claims that dont fall into the criteria (but do have a VA MH diagnosis of PTSD) are run through JSRRC (Joint Services Record Research Center )for verification so the VA needs details as to what happened and whether it conforms to what VA defines as a stressor.

Some time ago I posted a topic here with advise from NVLSP who publish the VBM as to what is and what isn't a stressor for VA purposes.

I will try to find the post and put the link here.

In Axis I I believe the doc meant by medical issues-the fibro-but 'family stressors' could be a way VA could deny the claim for PTSD.I hope the VA realizes these family stressors are DUE TO the PTSD.

I said the stressor was vague but don't get me wrong.I am not minimizing it.

After I had been volunteering at a Vet center for a while one of the PTSD vets asked me to come in that night for a special PTSD group meeting because he was ready to reveal what he 'saw' that gave him PTSD from Vietnam.He had severe facial disfigurement from GSW and other SC disabilities but had never told anyone except a VA shrink what he saw and felt maybe (since it was in his mind on a constant basis since the War anyhow) we could better understand what he was going through.And maybe by revealing it he would gain some peace.

What he 'saw' was horrific and

What had led up to this stressor was needed by VA to verify it and they did find proof of the stressor.

Edited by Berta

In my Dec 2008 post here is some info on what is and isnt a stressor for VA purposes"

Also I did an SVR radio show which should still be in the SVR archves here on Gulf War presumptives and the 9 new service connectable conditions that are found in this post:

Gulf War regs are within 38 USC 1117 and 38 CFR 3.317.

I need to bump them up in our Gulf War Forum.

Thanks again for response. We were on the USS GUAM we were in the Persian Gulf off of Kawait. Therre was this CPL (not going to say his name) he was alwasy loud and yelling to his team and very agressiave. That night it was 100 degress in the berthing area and he was complaining of how cold he was and start to complain about really bad headacks. that night i was awake in my rack it was so hot his rack was about five feet away there was a fire watch and a Corpsman and he called for my help i can over there an helped him the CPL was bouncing of his rack and thrashing ( i am shaking typing this) all around we had flash lights the corpsman told me to hold his head still so he can clear his airway and thats when i say it blood was coming out everywhere mainly his mouth and it got all over my hands.That night he was taking over to the USS Comfort were he had died on the table. speed ahead After i got back from the Gulf war My sleep was off iwas more agressive then it got really bad when my wife developed migrains she gets them bad where she is not responding and i get upset and tried to get her movingand i can't help her ( that feeling of helplessness) i get shakey heart pounding and angrey. 2000 we had twins boys the best day in my life. as the got older things change 1 has Autism and the other has Micothondrial Disease (rare form of MD) plus he has Cyclic Vomiting. when DFR get cyclic vomiting he can not stop untill we tak him to the hospital to get meds for him and he gose in a coma like state The wife and i will fight over this i know it is wrong but i always go back to the CPL when they took him to the ship and he never came back i could not help him and i can not help my son. The won with Autisum he is upst he thrashes around yelling and screaming and he will do this untill someone calms him down. I get upset and i go in a panic ( i am not proud to say this so do not judge me, I hit him) i will throw this punch walls and yell and cuse anyone or everyone out in that houshold

So my Stressors are :

Wife headachs Migrains reminds me of the CPL

Son 1 Autisum yelling and screaming reminds me of CPL

Son 2 Cyclic Vomiting plus hospital reminds me of the CPL when he was bleeding and went to USS Comfort and never can back

and this happens everyday or when systems show up

Son 1 is everyday

My wife wrot a stressor letter how i was when i got back during and now

my buddy wrote one about the situation on ship. i get thoiusands more if they need it.

The mood disorder is i have to many systems Anger anxity agoraphobia depression

the Med issiues i have i was dx and i have all the prsumtives Fibo CFS IBS lyme was incurid in service fight that too too long to dicribe but i am taking care of the issiues right now with a Layer.

I now it looks vague becouse i did not say the whole story and i am sorry. I was 0311 grunt. Was station on the USS GUAM from aug 1990 to April 1991. therre was a CPL on the ship who was yelling at his team for weeks but on one day it was worst i ever seen befor lights out in the berthing area it was 100 degress he was in his rack with covers on complaing how cold it was plus he was complaining about an headack. i was up at night becouse it was hot the corpsman called me over and said I NEED HELP went over there fast it was the CPL. It was dark in there so we had flash lights the corpsman said hold his head still so i did becouse he was bouncing and thrashing all around. got his head still my hands and arms werer wet thought it was sweat untill the corpsman put the light in his face so he can clear his air way and that when i saw it blood was everywhere comming out his mouth eyes and ears. some docs came down and took over and they took him to the comfort when i saw him i knew he was not comming back. i went to head and tryied to get the blood of of me but it would not come of my cloths. My chest was poundint i was crying and i felt i could have done more. that night he died on the operating table on the comfort from a brain Aneurysm. The family are my stressors Wife gets Migraines and she gose in a coma like state when she is like that i go in a panic get angry and lose control becouse i can not help her. Have twin boys they are 12 1 has Autism he looses control the yelling and screaming he dose can go for hrs untill my wife calms him down i can not i go in a panic get mat hit cuse sweating. son 2 has rare form of Muscular Dystrophy and Cyclic Vomiting . The vomiting when i see it reminds me i saw the CPL with blood comming out of his mouth i have three STRESSORS living with me that remind me of the CPL that i saw dying. the mood disorder they lumped together i have so many wich are Anger, Anxiety, Agoraphobia plus i avoid crowds

copy some of the notes

PTSD screening test (PTSD 4Q) was positive score (score=3)

PCL -C

A PCL-C was performed and was positive. The score was 63

hope this helps thanks