VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement

Rate this question

usmc1979

Question

Hello everyone, This is my first post. Has anyone out there ever filed for a undignosed Illness?

Ever since I got out of the marines in 2002 Ive had servere dizzy spells, So bad at times I almost pass out.

Im seeing the doctors at the va with many test done and no dignose yet, But there still working on it.

None of this is in my medical record, But within a year of end of service I saw a privite doctor about this and a couple times since.

My Q is do I have a cliam even if its undignosed?

I was one of the first group in Afgahnistan afer 911, I was there from oct 2001 to feb 2002. I got back to my base in march 2002 and out of service in April, Do to my time frame from the end of my doployment and my end of service date i did not go to the tap classes.

Also I worked with fuel, I heard that maybe the reason for my dizzy spells. Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Your symptoms are consistent with chemical exposure and since you worked with fuel your claim will nee to show a link, have a properr diagnosis and you should win. Are you able to work now? Have you filed for Social Security Disability?

I feel your pain. I am also having episodes of lightheadedness, but have also passed out and had what has looked like seizures. The doc's can't seem to figure out what is wrong so now they think its all in my head too. I just had my psych doc kick it back to the medical doc's last week. I agree with the others you should file, the longer you wait the shorter you effective date will be. Good luck.

/doc