VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Couple More Q's

Rate this question

usmc1979

Question

First off I would like to tell everyone this site is great help!!

My first q is, I heard that if your out within 1 yr from service you can link your disibility to your service, Is this one yr from active duty or 1 yr from end of obligated service? This q is for a friend.

second q, Is there a site to see what vro is the fastest or witch one has the most cliams?

Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I will go out on a limb and say active duty date, or discharge date. As for your second question, I am sure with some research you can find the answer, but if you are looking to put a claim in, it will be the VRO in the state you reside.......even then it can be farmed out to another.

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately, although there is a required certification for veterans service officers, there is a wide variability in capabilities from office to office, year to year (as staff moves), and from region to region.

However, in my observation, the state veterans offices seem to be well run and knowledgeable. Of course, YMMV.

First off I would like to tell everyone this site is great help!!

My first q is, I heard that if your out within 1 yr from service you can link your disibility to your service, Is this one yr from active duty or 1 yr from end of obligated service? This q is for a friend.

second q, Is there a site to see what vro is the fastest or witch one has the most cliams?

Thanks

The Monday Morning Reports at the VA web site gives the stats on how many claims the VAROs each have.

For claims filed within one year after discharge that are successful- the earliest effective date is the day after discharge.

"I heard that if your out within 1 yr from service you can link your disability to your service"

if the claim is for a presumptive chronic condition (that can be searched here for more info) that can often be an relatively easy claim for VA to decide."