VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Is Better [Vsos @ Va Reg Office Or County, Dav Or Other

Rate this topic

The VSO's at the RO are across the hall, and do have a better working relationship with the staff@ ter RO proximity? Probably. Sometimes when you want it handed in RIGHT NOIW, it is good they are there...I know faxes can be sent but in person is invaluable sometimes. Some years back when the VARO sent me a letter, actually to my family, stating there were sorry for my recent death and discontinuance of my compensation payments, and request for my last months check...they would not listen or read I WAS/AM ALIVE!!

My VSO walked across the hall and handed in personally to the manager a statement that this veteran(me) IS ALIVE, and reinstate benefits...It was dine in a few days, when I got my check again. BTW the VSO did hand in my fax prior...nothing done until he handed it to the manager in person!!

You have to be an investigator yourself with your claim to make sure you gather all info as stated here already. Read posts from this site and others that can help you along with your quest. NEVER GIVE UP!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Which is better to use [VSOs at VA Regional Office or those at County or DAV offices]?

It depends on what you want to "use" them for.

The County and DAV reps are the same person in my area. They do OK at assisting in filing an original uncomplicated claim.

The VSOs "in residence" at the area VARO are paid state veterans department employees. Most are also reps for the service organizations as well.

It is true that the reps at the VARO can hand carry documents to the VA ROs, and very occasionally, go face to face with an RO concerning a specific claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a complicated claim and you are trying for big retro get a lawyer. You need a strategy to win and VSO's don't usually provide that. They just send in what you give them and try to get something. I had my DAV rep discourage me from filing for TDIU after I got 70%. He was scared I might lose and his stats would suffer. I stopped using them and I do my own stuff or use a lawyer.