VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure Where To Turn

Rate this question

Jay

Question

I have been on this site for a while but new to posting. I am 90% disabled for PTSD and Bipolar II Mixed and currently going through a hard time. In the past I was turned down for TDIU and SSD because nothing in my records stated I couldn't work just my condition is guarded. I have no place in the area to get an IMO since I live in the booneys. My VA treating doctor and social worker have recently wrote short letters that may or may not help my case. They were reluctant to do so. I just left my last job because stress and panic it caused me on the job due to my PTSD. I was wondering if I can (appropriate) to share my two letters and get oppinions on how it may help or not help my case? The letters are about a half a page put together. I've been able to get employment but not maintain it. Thanks.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I've always appreciated my Psychologist writeup for TDIU. The part about if placed in work situation this veteran would be a danger to himself & others. That's the part that they seemed to notice. I had TDIU in three weeks after I applied.

• HadIt.com Elder

iF YOU HAVE NOT WORKED IN A YEAR THAT PROVES YOUR POINT. i WOULD SEEK OUT A lAWYER FOR sOCIAL sECURITY AND TAKE cARLIES ADVICE FOR

sorry for caps

Carlie. I am 70% for PTSD (Biploar merged with the PTSD). The other % percentages are for hypertension, Reynauds, which added together equals 90%. I couldn't find where to update my profile to reflect this.

I did get a lawyer for SSD.

The VA doctors at my VA are hesitant to write any letter for anyone. This is the best I was able to get out of them. Thus the reason for me asking how far a letter like this might get me. Thanks for all your comments.

Jay,

Thank you for your service! :smile:

I'm sorry to hear of your ailments and difficulty with the VA.

At some point you have to bite the bullet and submit strong evidence.

It may be an IMO, or a letter from a Psych doc that you can't work for these reasons...

Be sure to make any C & P's and don't understate your problems (read up on preparing for C&P)

Good luck!

Notorious Kelly your correct that stronger evidence is probably warranted but not being near any place to get an IMO and VA docs not being all that helpful I felt/feel stuck. I was hoping the line in the psychiatrist letter stating I am unable to hold on to a job and perform satisfactory might be just enough. I may have to rely on the C&P or SSD if I were to get it.