VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure Where To Turn

Rate this question

Jay

Question

I have been on this site for a while but new to posting. I am 90% disabled for PTSD and Bipolar II Mixed and currently going through a hard time. In the past I was turned down for TDIU and SSD because nothing in my records stated I couldn't work just my condition is guarded. I have no place in the area to get an IMO since I live in the booneys. My VA treating doctor and social worker have recently wrote short letters that may or may not help my case. They were reluctant to do so. I just left my last job because stress and panic it caused me on the job due to my PTSD. I was wondering if I can (appropriate) to share my two letters and get oppinions on how it may help or not help my case? The letters are about a half a page put together. I've been able to get employment but not maintain it. Thanks.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta for your help

The answer is the SO is relying on what the RO's stated that he/she beliefs that Voc Rehab's specialty is in dealing with employment. He/She believes that having Voc Rehab finding me not feasible for employment is strong evidence that was not previously in my claim.along with the catastrophic disability letter, and some doctor letters (which I wrote out earlier in this thread). All of this which could change the outcome of my case.

No formal reconsideration was requested by my SO just a new 21-8940 IU claim was submitted with this new evidence

The C-File was then apparently pulled from being shipped to BVA (it hadn't been certified yet but was in the works) so that the RO could take another look at my case with the new evidence mentioned above. With this new evidence they may be able to decide in favor of TDIU and back date it to the time I first put in the NOD (no BVA appeal would then be required). However, they could grant TDIU now but not back to when I put in the NOD this would then require my case to go to BVA to fight the temp TDIU of 16 months. Or they could deny both the current TDIU and the one I have about ready to go to BVA in which case the claim would go to BVA on appeal but have all the new evidence attached.

I hope this made some sense.this is how I understood it from my SO.

As for the other stuff you mentioned in your post I am sorry but I don't follow what your trying to say. Can you help me understand, sorry?

Edited by Jay