VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Some Advice From Mistakes I Made On C&p's

Rate this question

wdroberson

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A little backround........ i joined the usmc and was an 0311 deployed to fallujah, iraq in 07. While deployed i seen a lot of mortars and small arms fire but on 5/18/07 my best friend was shot in the chest and my kevlare was grazed during a frire fight where i recieved my C.A.R.

The whole story above is already posted in another topic thread.

Yes sir ... And I am slowly working toward that. I saw my PCP for the first time in a year on this past Monday. I told her about the C&P examiner citing that I said that my injuries had no connection to my military service. She wrote up an order for x-rays the next time I am at the VAMC so she can properly diagnose me and offer an opposing opinion.

I don't really understand how a C&P examiner can get away with claiming I said it had nothing to do with my service. I mean can't a RO see that and say .... wait a minute...... This guy goes through the process of filing a claim for this, goes through the hassle of traveling 70 miles one way to an exam, waits in line all day to be seen, only to then tell the doctor that "Oh no.....this injury has nothing to do with my service"!

If you are willing to post exactly what is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section of the Rating Decision that denied your issue/s,

other's will chime in with help.

As far as the PTSD goes I have been studying that really hard because there are so many different interpretations of the 'New Rule' and how that relates to establishing a PTSD diagnosis.

I myself am not aware of "so many interpretations of the 'New Rule' and how it relates to establishing a PTSD diagnosis."

Big of you to admit to anger issues here, wdroberson, but scores of polite vets are having the same results with wildly inaccurate & erroneous statements in their C&P's and other medical records.

We just switch to lawyer mode and dispute each point factually until we WIN, like you're going to do. :wink:

Scores???? Come on now!

Well there are many comments on HadIt where people are saying that with the new rule only a VA Doc can diagnose PTSD. There are others that say the new rule makes it harder to establish PTSD. Others say that they only did it to screw more veterans out of benefits. I just don't agree with any of that mentioned.

The "new rule" has already been under attack from all of the Service Organizations (and I believe the Court level now),

for well over a year, because if you fall under the "new rule" to support the positive outcome of granting a mental health issue

for PTSD the evidence must come from a VA (Vet Center is accepted) Medical professional.

In other words - with the new rule - the private psychiatrist/psychologist you see - won't cut the mustard to get the claim SC'd.

We are up in arms over this and this is the difference in "interpretation" of the new reg that I am aware of.