VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Some Advice From Mistakes I Made On C&p's

Rate this question

wdroberson

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A Doc's opinion that links your current diagnosis to service overcomes the VA's failure to link to service. In my opinion it is crucial to getting a rating from VA.

Edited by wdroberson

The point I am going to make may be common sense for most but for someone that has PTSD or some other mental disorder that includes outbursts of anger common sense sometimes just go by the wayside.

I was denied on the claims that I made and have finally got beyond blaming only the C&P examiners for the lies and inaccuracies that were in the C&P results. Although the results were contrary to what I said in the exams and the diagnosis may have been wildly inaccurate they both have one common thread; in both exams I either came in with anger from having to wait so long or I got angry during the exam and was admonished for my anger.

Many folks have the belief that C&P Examiners are professionals above bringing personal feelings into the exam but the truth is that it is just human nature and it must be really hard for them to not let personal emotions enter into the diagnosis or alter their attitude toward the claimant when they have been presented with an bad attitude from which to work.

In one of my exams the C&P examiner made note at the beginning of the report that I came in with anger and complaints over the timeliness of being seen. For me to then be amazed that there are errors and false claims as to what I said during the exam process is ridiculous on my part.

In the other exam the examiner made no remarks to my anger or our verbal confrontation and characterized me as a fully functional individual with no social or occupational deficiencies at all. Any remarks about that outburst of anger would have been beneficial to my claim if it was mentioned. The examiner also made a diagnosis that was wildly inaccurate. Yet I once again was amazed that the exam could be so inaccurate or that a professional would allow personal emotions enter into the process.

Like I said, this may be common sense to most and many that deal with anger issues as I do may do a better job of controlling it. I urge anyone that does suffer from these problems to do anything you can to control them.... count to ten, count to twenty, vision sitting on the beach with a cold beer, or just shutting up and becoming a vegetable until the anger passes, etc.... but what ever you do Control Your Anger! Gambling on the examiner being professional enough to accept that your emotions are part of the illness you suffer and overlooking it does not provide good odds. Nobody like being abused .... It is just human nature.

My C&P exam is next week. I also can become extremely angry and hope I keep my cool. Are you on meds for your anger?

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, yeah, if you piss off the C&P exam doctor they will screw you to the wall. They are in it for the money and could care less about you. They need to give negative exams results to a certain percentage of vets so if they don't like you then you get the prize.

Your current 40% rating is for what? When? Did you ever put in a NOD with that claim or claims? Follow info from others here on your C & P exam. Be truthful, but respectful!