VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Still Sucks.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Here I sit in the never never land of my xanax being 1 week late on a wednesday to it will be 9 days Friday and 12 days before the VA will accept a complaint and another 3 to 10 days to get it. Or if they lost it or it was stolen I will have to borrow from next months which always seems to be their answer to the problem they caused.

Instead I think I will call my HMO Doc and ask him to write a half presecription but still call VA and ask whats up.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had relatively good success with mail-order meds, but have had problems with providers updating them/inputting them. In that case, I do as you suggest and go to my Family Doc.

Also, CVS has given me a few pills (if I turn in the bottle) to hold me over until mail order shows up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

It is probably due to the holiday. My meds were actually 7 days late. I did have a hell of a time getting my pain meds via private doctors because Florida has reputation as prescription drug depot for drug dealers. All this means is that if you are honest it makes it harder and more expensive to get pain meds. My pain meds in August were filled on August 3rd. In September they were not filled until September 7th plus two days to get them to me. What is the excuse for that? They are just lazy and incompetent idiots. In Florida you can't just go to your favorite pharmacy and get xanax or percoset. Last time I could not get a private pharmacy to fill my percoset script. The ones that would fill it wanted cash. Perhaps I will go to pain pill mill I know about and just jump through the hoops so I don't have to depend on the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

The plot thickens. Last week it showed on Myhealthevet that the prescription had been filled and I reordered last thursday. Today myhelathevet is showing another date and the 800 number sold me what prescription my next prescription is due to be mailed out Oct 12th. The operator asked if I would hold and I did as wife and I headed out to VA. She than told me it would be mailed out sometime this week but could not give me anymore than that. I was in car almost to VA when she told me this.

So I went to VA and back to pharmacy and a nice guy went back and checked on things. He came back and told me that it was mailed from Dallas Monday cause of the screwups.

Hate to tell you all but your local pharmacy has nothing to do but fill new prescriptions. The VA has centralized all the mails by med for better efficiency .

They have a new 800 number

800 983 0933 8am to 4;30 pm CST. Good luck better keep an eye on these guys off to a bad start with me and I hate to be misinformed.

We will see if I get my xanax I am worried and concerned. May be an issue to bring up with shrink next week.