VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Still Sucks.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe part of my delivery problem has been solved. My shrink is going to send a 60 day supply starting with next month. Although my Shrink is merely a medication Doc I like him and he has been supportive of me for almost 4 years.

Now next week I will see what PCP Doc has to say about hydrocodone?

I also want to thank all who participated and shared either good or bad experiences. This is how we learn.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this Pete53........I've only been in the VA system 8 years but have NEVER had a problem with the mail orders whether it is coming straight from the doctor or my reorders online.

I hope things are turning around in the area for you.

Yelloow

Here I sit in the never never land of my xanax being 1 week late on a wednesday to it will be 9 days Friday and 12 days before the VA will accept a complaint and another 3 to 10 days to get it. Or if they lost it or it was stolen I will have to borrow from next months which always seems to be their answer to the problem they caused.

Instead I think I will call my HMO Doc and ask him to write a half presecription but still call VA and ask whats up.

• 1 year later...

Sooo, looks like I'm not the only one suffering because of the V.A.'s lack of common sense! I too am a week late on getting my prescribed Xanax. And today is Saturday, so even if I do get the package on Monday, that will make it 9 days late. Freaking awesome. Now I know why the Vet up here where I live in Maine went psycho/crazy/ptsd/outrage at the Togus V.A. Facility in Augusta Maine. I mean, seriously, this is a medication that is not only addictive, but also can cause THE WORST form of detoxing! If you are on it, you know exactly what I mean, muscles lock up on you, cant sleep, feel just straight up abnormal. OH! Did I mention that if you abruptly stop which I obviously had to do, it can cause SEIZURES and POSSIBLY......... D E A T H. I am sick and tired of making myself look like a drug addict when I call my local V.A. and try to find out what the hell is up with my meds! grrrr....makes me want to sue them. This happens about 80% of the time (medications arriving late in mail) Now this one is just absurd. There is no excuse for being that late. Snowstorm or not. Thats the Government though, cant trust em even in the Medical Field. I know this is a long post, but I just found this page and signed up immediately. Good to unite people who all have the same problems, that's how things change for the better! I want to ask one thing to those who posted that they went to their local pharmacy (non-V/A) and got a partial fill, how do you go about doing that?!

• 4 years later...
On 9/22/2011 at 5:27 PM, Pete53 said:

Maybe part of my delivery problem has been solved. My shrink is going to send a 60 day supply starting with next month. Although my Shrink is merely a medication Doc I like him and he has been supportive of me for almost 4 years.

Now next week I will see what PCP Doc has to say about hydrocodone?

I also want to thank all who participated and shared either good or bad experiences. This is how we learn.

Oh Geez!..

While I know this post is at least 6-years old, I am living TODAY (Sept 7, 2017), as I wait for ANOTHER mail-order prescription from the VA!  Yeah, mine is also psychotropic medications and genetic replacement therapy, BUT none of that 'chit should matter!  When we miss a day, 2, 3, 5, a week, of medications it becomes all too possible that any of use could stroke out, have seizure, commit suicide, etc. ALL BECAUSE OF THE VA DELAYING OUR MEDICATION DELIVERIES.

When I ran out of my LAST psychotropic, I took the LAST pill, before my "next" 30-day supply arrived.  Do these folks even realize that they are REQUIRING that we stay AT HOME every single G-Dmmmmnnn month because the VA, in it's infinite wisdom deemed it unsafe for a veteran to have more than 30 days supply at a time.  NEVER MIND that the parents of the kids I taught and the teachers that I supervised, could have had 30days, 90days, or 180days of this SAME medication AT WILL?

Every GD! month, often multiple times a month because of multiple medication restrictions, I am RESTRICTED to home just WAITING for the mail.  I am sorry, but WTF!?  Are they ACTUALLY trying to test my mental disability?  Are they REALLY trying to set me off?  If it weren't for the... at least $70,000 in back-disability pay that the VA owes me, I would be attempted to oblige those SOBs...

Never give the bastards shit!

Rant over...

Edited by HorizontalMike