VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20 Years Of Ptsd

Rate this question

wisconsinwalter

Question

I was stabbed while on TAD to a recruiting center. I was stabbed and nearly killed by 3 gang bangers. My records show my scars and and private private hospital name but nothing about the damage. I had a transfusion and 15 ft of intestine redacted as a result and I dont have the records to show it anymore.

I was in CPT but I have a hard time rehashing the trauma as it makes me angrier and angrier. My question is, I have been seen by a shrink who has put me provasin. Is this effective medicine?

Also I am very paranoid of the VA and docs in general. I did see my GAF was 45. I got my records to see what was being put down in them. i found them to contain 1/2 statements and clerks making medical statements about my "anger".

I am in a NOD for a knee replacement. I had to get my civilian doctor to do it because the VA denied the 4 entrys of knee trauma because the xrays didnt show anything. The PTSD is going to be both PTSD and depression i think. Is there such a rating for both depression and ptsd?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I dont have the records to show it anymore.

What do you mean "anymore" ?

What kind of records were they...service..private Dr..?

Do you have the hospital records for surgery?

Have you filed any other claims besides the NOD?

What are you SC 30% for?

Just a few thoughts, perhaps a police report could be obtained. Also court records if this went to court. How long would the military keep the recruiting station reports if they made a report. (I am thinking TAD is temporary duty) at the Recruiting Station. I would think that a District Attorney or Prosecutor would have had the medical information and damages. I hope that you will be able to prove your claim. Also, I have a friend that was getting 30 year old private hospital records sent to the VA. The VA requested it from the hospital and stated that they received it.

I am in a nod for my knee rePlacement and PTSD. The event haPpened and they are not deny the stabbing. I am 10% for the 12 in scar

I am 10 for my shoulder and 10 for the shoulder scar

My cvso wrote my original claim wrong. He put mental health instead of PTSD

I have been to intake and was recommended for treatment. It is in my record that it is sc. I just need a formal C&P for it

My original records were in a civ hospital. They only kept records for 7 years in the 80's

At this point the money doesn't matter. I just want to be better so I ca hold a job longer than 2 years

"VA denied the 4 entrys of knee trauma because the xrays didnt show anything"

Walter I had the same problem on my knee as well, years back. The xrays showed nothin about any dx's of why my kneecap would pop out of joint. I kept telling my Dr to get me a referral for an MRI cause xrays doesn't give a good picture of the soft tissues in the body. Of course when you deal an HMO ins. their very stingy putting money out for their patients. When time came to have a chance to change ins. co's I chose BCBS. I was happy I did cause it didn't take a whole lot of talking to get the MRI I been beggin for. That's when I found out the meniscus was badly torn. Long story short, I'm now 60% SC for the knee.

According to your post, va denied your claim due to the xrays was negative.

Have you since obtained any MRI's that showed positive for any injuries?

Was there anything else about your knee that was mentioned in the Reasons and Bases section in your denial letter other than the xrays, that needs to be looked at?

Coot

The dr that rated me saw me for mental health, my knee before replacement, my shoulder inprigements and stomach issues I have had for years now

He denied the knee because he felt that it happened after I was out and because there was no mention in my exit exam. I had surgery on my shoulder 3 months before my eas. I was onlight duty for 3 months when we got stateside. My didn't hurt then be ause I wasn't PTing anymore

I have seen a HMO ortho doc for 8 years and had been scoped twice in that time. The va wouldn't even do that. The doc who saw me is an internal medicine dr by specialty. I was furious that he rated 3 conditions out of his practice. My poa said there was nothing incould do except get records to refute the findings

My private dr. Is actually the teaching prof for the va ortho dept. His letter states that it is more likely than not it was a result of the injurys in service. I was told a tie goes to the vet

The depression and PTSD has to be rerated. I looked at the site here for what gaf scores mean. I don't get much of what a 45 means I am on the meds now and hate it