VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scrambled Brains

Rate this question

toothpick

Question

After going thru what I would describe as a very long bad dream I decided to file a claim for TBI. It took nearly 15 years to realize what was wrong, another 5 or 10 believing that it would go away, and obviously it hasn't. I started seeing a VA shrink in the early 90's and have been doing so off and on since for all the symptoms that go with a TBI (anx.,depres.,mood dis., social dis.,) and anything else that goes with it. Meds have been increasing the whole time and are maxed out doses now. At least I hope so, any more and I would be a zombie!

After going thru the C&P exams, Neuro and Physc, both were positive for TBI w/ facial nerve damage and Ptsd from the TBI (hope that made sense?), and now it's up to the review board and God, which ever has the higher authority to make a decision. My claim was filed 10 months ago and I'm still standing in line like everyone else. It's hard for a soldier to ask for help, but if anyone knows a young soldier coming back please make sure they get it and don't wait like I did.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

toothpick

Like you I waited 21 years to ask for help. The only reason I went to VA 20 years ago was I was out of options.

You earned your benefits through your service.

tp,

I sure hope this gets adjudicated as SC'd.

Did you have a documented head injury on AD ?

Hi Carlie,

Sure, it's all well documented. The date and even time of accident, evac orders to base hospital, 3 days in our MASH, and 21 more days of dazed and confused bed rest (if you can call a cot bed rest!) Just in case it wasn't I had copies made at the time of injury and have kept them safe w/me for almost 30 years. Not that the military would lose or misplace someones records. Between that and the Hadit forums, I hope I have it covered. Thank you Hadit members!!!!