VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Transient Ischemic Attack (Micro/minni Strokes)

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I may have ask this question before but don't know for sure. I have a history of mirco strokes and would like to know how I can get it service connected. CT scan and MRI of my brain showed that I have a history of micro strokes...a surprize and scare to me. I submitted a claim but the VA denied it saying it was not service connected. What should I do next?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I found an older post you made here in 2005 Chiefhouse:

"Greetings Berta

Yes, I'm still working and want too as long as I'm able...got to stay busy. I will find out more on the DMII and HCV biopsy over the next couple weeks. I served in CCK, Thailand, and one day in Viet Nam enroute to Thailand (Korat & NKP) in 1970. I do have a full plate but will keep a positive mind about all of this stuff.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse"

You have claimed numerous issues- proof of the stop over in Vietnam would potential get you deemed as an AO veteran.

If you can prove that stop over (which would involve the one boot on ground criteria-you could claim the diabetes and any complications from it as due to your exposure to AO.

Do you have a vet rep?

DO you have your complete 201 file and med recs from the Mil?

Are you still employed?

The VA does hold to the 'boots on ground' criteria.

This vet was only in Vietnam for a few hours stop over:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp10/Files1/1001344.txt

He was awarded SC for his Diabetes mellitus.

Greetings

I was denied service connection for DMII eventhough I provided medical record, performance reports, and Vietnam Medals for evidence showing that I was stationed at NKP and Korat Air Bases in Thailand in 1970, and 1972...this is currently in appeal status. My VA rep is DAV...very little help.

Best Regards

ChiefHouse

Dozens of Thailand vets have gotten AO awards due to the help of our hadit member Kurt Priessmah who posted his info on the net for them to use in their claims.Kurt was also instrumental n the C & P bulletin involving Thailand AO claims.

But they proved their MOS exposed them to AO on sprayed base perimeters in Thailand.

In your case= proof of having stepped on Vietnam land will garner you the VA concession of AO exposure.Even if only one hour or one day In Vietnam.

Greetings

My claim centers around the drug "Interferon" used to treatment my Hep C, which I've had for nearly 40 years. Interferon injections and ribavirin pills treatment can cause serious depression, suicidal behavior, strokes, heart attacks, and other severe side effects. I underwent and failed three treatment sessions and developed a lot of health problems as a result of interferon/ribavirin treatment.

It's becoming a very difficult and long process to win or prove my case that my DMII, PN, and TIA could have been triggered by interferon treatment. VA doctors have confirmed that I have these conditions but will not service connect them. I was able to get the VA to service connect my Celiac Disease, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, lower back problem and a few other aliments.

I will cherish everyone advice and take whatever direction to get service connected for DMII and TIA. Is TIA a ratable condition? Thanks for your listening ears.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Dozens of Thailand vets have gotten AO awards due to the help of our hadit member Kurt Priessmah who posted his info on the net for them to use in their claims.Kurt was also instrumental n the C & P bulletin involving Thailand AO claims.

But they proved their MOS exposed them to AO on sprayed base perimeters in Thailand.

In your case= proof of having stepped on Vietnam land will garner you the VA concession of AO exposure.Even if only one hour or one day In Vietnam.

Greetings

I spent a lot of time delivering fuel to aircraft and age equipment on the flightline and support tanks and generators all over the bases [to include perimeters] in NKP and Korat.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse