VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Transient Ischemic Attack (Micro/minni Strokes)

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I may have ask this question before but don't know for sure. I have a history of mirco strokes and would like to know how I can get it service connected. CT scan and MRI of my brain showed that I have a history of micro strokes...a surprize and scare to me. I submitted a claim but the VA denied it saying it was not service connected. What should I do next?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Greetings

Just completed another C&P examine last week for a skin rash condition (currently rated 30%) that the VA is considering downgrading to 10% because the skin rash condition was noted as clearing up during a C&P examine last year. Well, I'm still using the same prescribed Hydrocortisone (Cortaid Eq.) Cream 1% Topical and Hydrocortisone Valerate (Westcort Eq.) Cream 0.2% Topical daily for this skin condition since 2006. Can they still reduce my rating. I'm still trying to build my case for TIA...scheduled for CT Scan and Neurologist appointment this month. I'll keep you posted...need lots of patience and determination. Again, thanks for your advice and support.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

If the treatment provides some visible/measurable improvement, The VA can reduce the %, subject to several limits. I hope you have filed or will file an NOD concerning the reduction, if you don't agree with it.

There are a lot of nagging details, and the VA can easily "screw up". 30% to 10% can be a very significant change, as far as benefits are concerned. Basing a change on one C&P can be a VA "screw up" by itself.