VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mesquite Texas Gun Show

Pete53

• HadIt.com Elder

Yesterday I went to Mesquite Gun Show and saved 8 dollar admission using my Grey Card for 100%. Mrs Pete and I are concerned about home invasions and have decided besides dogs we want something to chase them off.

Can't decide between a revolver and a Glock 9.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yesterday I went to Mesquite Gun Show and saved 8 dollar admission using my Grey Card for 100%. Mrs Pete and I are concerned about home invasions and have decided besides dogs we want something to chase them off.

Can't decide between a revolver and a Glock 9.

Pete, I had the same scenario. I have a S and W 9mm 16 shot pistol as well as a Glock 40 cal.

Both are nice but I prefer the S and W for the massive quantity of rounds it holds.

H

• HadIt.com Elder

I think either a revolver or a shotgun are best. With the revolver all you have to do is grab it and pull the trigger if it is loaded. With the shotgun even with shaky and scared hands if you point in the general direction of the bad guy you are probably going to ruin his day. There are many good and different opinions on this subject. I think the dog idea is best. People don't shoot their wives or husbands by mistake with a dog. The thing is if you are in a gunfight with a home invader it will probably be over in about 10 seconds. This is an interesting and important topic. Do you have an alarm system besides the dogs? If you have a big dog a person really has to be a homicidal maniac to do a home invasion.

Pete , compensated .40 with red laser sight makes a fine home defense weapon for those late nite guest ! Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!

In a home invasion you will be lucky to get off a few shots , you just have to make them count . The 40 has the stopping power !!

Sgt Sandman

Pete , go to an indoor range and shoot a couple of rentals and see what you and the wife prefer , nothing like buying a new gun and not liking the way it handles .

• HadIt.com Elder

I forgot another one. Mossburg 500 with an 18 inch slug barrell Pump shotgun. I load it it like this. Buckshot, Hollow Point Deer Slug and then buckshot. If it is not plugged then I repeat the loads. It is a messy gun but the buckshot will scatter them then the slug will splatter them.

The true security of the gun when someone is trying to break in is the sound of the Gun owner when they hear this: Click chuclick. It works every time and no one gets hurt. Besides, Deer slugs really hurt.

J