VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just With Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

Wallace34

Question

I was woundering what my husband would get with just the PTSD claim for the VA I am going to attatch the copies for you to review of course without the personal info on it. He has been in the military for a little over 14 years and has reached his RCP date what ever that is and they wont let him reenlist but he has changed alot with his moods and everything for the worst I am sorry to say but he can't remember alot of things but this has been occuring starting from his Iraq deployment but he has been on 7 deployments 3 of which have been combat deployments. He doesnt like taking pills he will not go to the BH here on post he thinks that they are always talking to other people about him and he dont want that to happen he wont go to group places you sholuld see me try to get him to go to family reunions (its like trying to get some one to a dentist) I dont know how the VA works I am hoping that they will take care of him since he gave alot to his country I am hoping that they wont do to him like they did to the Nam-VET's and treat them in shitty hospitals and just forget about them. That is all I know just from reading about it. Please if some on can point me in the right direction my husband told me that this is a great site for info like this and he seems to like it and tole me to give it a try so I am. Thanks for all of your help in advance.

post-11914-0-63823500-1316439472_thumb.j

post-11914-0-59517400-1316439481_thumb.j

post-11914-0-39927500-1316439489_thumb.j

post-11914-0-61369100-1316439495_thumb.j

post-11914-0-97896400-1316439501_thumb.j

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Carlie,

first off it is nice to hear from you my husband tells me that you are a realy good source of information from what he tries to read and I would like to say thank you for being an inspiration to all the veterans that need help.

"My wag is SC'd at 50 - 70 or 100 percent and probably not P&T for awhile" I dont know what you mean by this I am sorry but I dont know alot about this stuff yet, and I am unable to read threw the lines.

Yes he was diagnosed with PTSD while in the military but he is getting a JBK code for his seperation from what I understand is an involuntary seperation code and he is also getting an Honorable discharge with that.

http://dd214.us/reference/SPN_Codes.pdf

JBK - Expiration Of Term Of Service

Carlie,

Thank you very much for that but they told us that it was invuluntary and I see what you have here but on that id doesnt say anything about an Honorable invuluntary seperation from the army I seen where it was others for like if they got in troubel or became a teacher or somthing but that is for the officers not the enlisted side I am sorry I am just realy confused