VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

The VA's definition of IHD is in this link:

would calcification of the abdominal aortic valve be consider IHD Not usually.

Ischemic heart disease (also referred to as coronary artery disease) usually is associated with the coronary arteries that rise from the aorta and "feed" the heart.

would calcification of the abdominal aortic valve be consider IHD

• HadIt.com Elder

would calcification of the abdominal aortic valve be consider IHD Not usually.

Ischemic heart disease (also referred to as coronary artery disease) usually is associated with the coronary arteries that rise from the aorta and "feed" the heart.

abdominal aortic valve?

To the best of my limited knowledge, the abdominal aorta does not have any valves.

This may be a reference to a heart valve, in which case it may be associated with IHD (Medical Diagnosis/Opinion would be Needed)

abdominal aortic valve?

To the best of my limited knowledge, the abdominal aorta does not have any valves.

This may be a reference to a heart valve, in which case it may be associated with IHD (Medical Diagnosis/Opinion would be Needed)

i have been looking on different site for atherslotic cardiovasucular disease, and that is what the calcification of the abdominal aorta is considered. so in reading the definition of ihd on this site, atherslotic cardiovasucular disease is ihd. my husband had pulmonary embolisms in feb. they never figured out where they came from, i am thinking it might have been from the aorta. he is now on warafin. he has episodes of dizziness and has fallen several times. his blood pressure setting on the low side and when he stands drops alot lower. the doctor said is probablyy his meds but that is all they say. he is diabetic also, so he takes acto's, and i have seen on other sites that alot of people experience these same symptoms of dizzyness. anyone on this site experience them.

"my husband had pulmonary embolisms in feb. they never figured out where they came from"

That is very concerning.

Is your husband an AO Vietnam veteran? If so does he receive SC comp for the diabetes?

If he has filed a claim for the IHD you might need to obtain an independent medical opinion from a cardio doc that shapes the medical evidence to fit into the IHD definition that VA is using or claim it is secondary to the diabetes with a full medical rationale-If the Diabetes can be or already is service connected.

yes he sc for diabetes. he did file for ihd concerning a leaky aortic valve, but was denied. then when he had his embolism and they did the scan they said his abdominal aorta had some calcification. could they not have found this on an ultra sound of his heart, or do they just not go that far down. his cardio doc finally admitted it would be considered ihd. go figure.