VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Docs

Rate this question

BlackSunShine

Question

Howdy everyone, I have a question and wondering if anyone or everyone could give me a straight answer? I'm 33 with a ICD.....yes it was service connect, my heart failure was getting worse and its was time for ICD to help me. I was wondering how much do the VA listern to C+P Doc, which the Doc told that I would be unable to work? Plus I'm afraid that the VA would declared that having a ICD improve my health, which won't make any sense to me.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not necessarily. Cardiomyopathy itself is not service connectable and thus not a ratable condition. However, cardiomyopathy is a symptom of many other heart conditions.

So, what is the cause of your cardiomyopathy? Is the cause related to your military service, either on a direct or presumptive basis?

So, if the cause of your cardiomyopathy is found to be related to your military service, yes.... an AICD warrants a 100% evaluation.

So, if my implantable Cardioverter- Defibrillator was placed because of Cardiomyopathy. Does that still mean I will recieve a 100% rating?

Not necessarily. Cardiomyopathy itself is not service connectable and thus not a ratable condition. However, cardiomyopathy is a symptom of many other heart conditions.

So, what is the cause of your cardiomyopathy? Is the cause related to your military service, either on a direct or presumptive basis?

So, if the cause of your cardiomyopathy is found to be related to your military service, yes.... an AICD warrants a 100% evaluation.

I'm still on active duty in the Air Force and had a MEB and was returned to duty. I received a DC of 7020 from the MEB and had an implantable cardioverter defibrillator installed. I believe this is service connectable.

Ah, it's much easier to make a decision with just that wee bit more information.

I'm still on active duty in the Air Force and had a MEB and was returned to duty. I received a DC of 7020 from the MEB and had an implantable cardioverter defibrillator installed. I believe this is service connectable.

Ah, it's much easier to make a decision with just that wee bit more information.

So, do you think that this means I will be eligible to recieve a 100% rating due to my implantable Cardioverter- Defibrillator?

I'm still on active duty in the Air Force and had a MEB and was returned to duty. I received a DC of 7020 from the MEB and had an implantable cardioverter defibrillator installed. My cardiologist says it's service connected. Your thoughts?

So, do you think that this means I will be eligible to recieve a 100% rating due to my implantable Cardioverter- Defibrillator?

I'm still on active duty in the Air Force and had a MEB and was returned to duty. I received a DC of 7020 from the MEB and had an implantable cardioverter defibrillator installed. My cardiologist says it's service connected. Your thoughts?