VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Loss Of Creative Organ

Rate this topic

I initially submitted a claim for SMC-K, Loss of creative organ, Erectile Dysfunction due to diabetes. Afterwards, I had my prostate removed due to prostate cancer. Based on what I have read, the prostate gland is a creative organ. Should a second claim be submitted? I am curious about it because the prostate gland and the penis are on the same reproductive track.

Edited by Stilt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You can't get two K awards. If you get your "junk" blown away you might be able to get some other type of award including K. You might be able to get residuals for the prostate cancer. That would be like getting two awards for HB due to two separate reasons.

You can't get two K awards To be technically precise, this is incorrect.

As you noted, a veteran cannot receive two awards of SMC-k for Loss of Use of a Creative Organ. However, a veteran may receive SMC-k for other reasons. It's all right here in 38 CFR 3.350(a)(1) through (6) http://www.benefits....ART3/S3_350.DOC .

You can't get two K awards. If you get your "junk" blown away you might be able to get some other type of award including K. You might be able to get residuals for the prostate cancer. That would be like getting two awards for HB due to two separate reasons.