VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

Does submitting an iris question about the status of your claim make your claim move any faster by bringing it up repeatedly every few months. Kind of you know, this claim is still waiting for decision. Or do they just send out the standard letter " due to the back log of claims-----. I have a few Vet friends who think this might speed up there claim. I informed them it doesn't. THen the the question came back-why bother submitting the iris?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Depends on who does the iris at the va. Say your clam is ready for decision and is at the rating board, and am iris comes in ttgat is very detailed. Well, the person can't make a reply without reviewing the file. The file is then pulled from rb and Is sent to the other division to be worked. An iris is supposed to be replied to in 5 working days or less. Thuou claim could dot there int reviewed and replied and then sent back to rb. I would say an iris could slow your claim unless the va person can answer without the file.

Jmho

I think on occassion an IRIS request has helped. I have had instances when I found my file was sitting waiting for someone to request something. It appeared my IRIS caused the simple action that had stalled it out to be completed. No proof, just an idea. 90% of the time I really don't think an IRIS inquiry does much but satisfy our compulsions while waiting.

Best regards,

You are so correct. I just got a zerox copy of the same response from 3 months ago. I was thinking maybe house keeping knocked my file off t :rolleyes:he top off the stack and it got misplaced with the latest files just submitted!:rolleyes: