VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Out Of Trazodone

Rate this topic

Thanks all, I guess I was too wound up to think straight. I'm going to do exactly what you guys have suggested. Thanks for being there for me AGAIN!.

/doc

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

I know what time many of us are on HADIT. Funny, at Vet Group we kid about if we had a 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM group we would have to add seats. I understand that sleep or lack of sleep is notonly thing many vets with PTSD share but I can't think of many that say they sleep 6 or 7 straight hours. If I'm down for more than two hours at a time someone should check me to be sure I didn't pass in my sleep.

Don

I just saw my psychiatrist last week. She renewed all my meds as usual, one being trazodone. I received all of my psych meds within a week of my appt; all except the trazodone. I called the pharmacy yesterday and was told it was on back order, they didn't have any in supply. She also told me she couldn't tell me when I could expect to get any. I had two weeks worth when I went to see my psych doc; thinking that was more than enough time to get more. I am now down to my last few days and don't know what to do. My wife said today, I'm hard to get along with when I'm off my meds. I get about 5 hours of sleep with my meds, without I get about 2 hours and short naps all day which sends me into a downward spiral. I'm worried.

I have signed-up for MyHealtheVet. They have an area called secure messaging. My doc seems to check her messages twice a day (first time about 7am and last time about 5pm). I like to be able to put things in writing, and secure messaging is the shizzle. When I had a problem getting meds, I just messaged my doc. VA Pharmacy was out of my meds, but my doc messaged me to go to Walgreens to pick up a 2 week supply.

I only bring-up secure messaging because I never seem to have any luck getting thru on the phone to the VA. Also, secure messaging saves a written & dated copy of your message to the VA / doc / nurse / etc. (In case you need documentation for a complaint.)