VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Re-Evaluation

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I was just wondering, and I do that a lot, about what the VA did. I was rated at 30% for PTSD for about a year, when I get this notice that the VA wanted to do another C&P on me. This was last Sep-Oct 2010. Have not heard a word from them, and I know that they do this not to increase ones ratings, but to decrease it. But, I figured that if they were going to decrease it, they would have done so by now. The new GAF was 50, but I thought it was to high based upon the report the doctor wrote. But, it was a lot stronger then the 30% letter. She did say that I would not be able to hold a job. The first QTC doctor had paying clients waiting in his office, so I was rushed out the door. I know that the VA can do whatever they please, but can they keep having Veterans do exam after exam until they get the report they want?

Papa

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I was just wondering, and I do that a lot, about what the VA did.

I was rated at 30% for PTSD for about a year, when I get this notice that the VA wanted to do another C&P on me.

This was last Sep-Oct 2010. Have not heard a word from them, and I know that they do this not to increase ones ratings, but to decrease it.

Papa - I would not necessarily agree with this, that they do it to decrease it part.

I feel they do it because it's in the regs to be done.

I go into a re-exam with the mind-set that the exam is to determine my current level of disability,

whether it has decreased or increased. If a claimant has medical documentation in support of an increase

then I feel this is a good opportunity for an increase to be supported.

But, I figured that if they were going to decrease it, they would have done so by now.

Prior to a reduction they need to notify the claimant of a proposal to reduce.

Also, a reduction can not be done from one single examination, especially if it is less thorough than the examination

that SC and/or the current percentage evaluation was granted under - this is my understanding.

Someone surely will be kind enough to come and correct this if it is not right.

The new GAF was 50, but I thought it was to high based upon the report the doctor wrote.

But, it was a lot stronger then the 30% letter. She did say that I would not be able to hold a job.

Did she put in writing that you "would not be able to hold a job" - due solely to your PTSD

OR due solely to your SC'd disabilities - and support this opinion with full medical rationale ?

My question is just like what Carlie asked re:

"She did say that I would not be able to hold a job."

"Prior to a reduction they need to notify the claimant of a proposal to reduce." That is correct.

Was the exam specifically for PTSD or could it have been for another pending claim?