VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Usps Vet Caught Swiping Meds

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

I was a postal worker and mostly they did get rid of the crooks and theives, and did not want it known to the public. Some of the cases were so awful that it did get out, and some did go to jail. I was working one night when the postal inspectors surrounded the Airport Post Office in Tampa and hauled about 20 people off to jail for using the mail system to distribute illegal drugs. When I worked for the USPS about once every few months somebody got arrested by postal inspectors for stealing. Most were fired and told they had to do restitution or go to jail. The P.I.'s did try and keep it out of the newspapers, so you are right. 95% of postal workers are honest but if they have drug habits then all bets are off. You could get away with a lot but if you get caught stealing that is a hanging offense.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget about the people who deliver the mail and can't keep up so they just don't deliver tons of mail and hide it. If your meds are in there you are out of luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, there was a mail carrier here who stashed mail he did not want to deliver in his house. He had rooms full of mostly 3rd and 4th class mail nobody would miss.

My hydrocodone and clonazepam both come certified with a pink label. I guess it would not be hard for someone to figure out. Once you've been doing it for awhile I'm sure you can tell whats what.

/doc

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree John, most are good honest workers but there are always those few.

pr

Phil

I was a postal worker and mostly they did get rid of the crooks and theives, and did not want it known to the public. Some of the cases were so awful that it did get out, and some did go to jail. I was working one night when the postal inspectors surrounded the Airport Post Office in Tampa and hauled about 20 people off to jail for using the mail system to distribute illegal drugs. When I worked for the USPS about once every few months somebody got arrested by postal inspectors for stealing. Most were fired and told they had to do restitution or go to jail. The P.I.'s did try and keep it out of the newspapers, so you are right. 95% of postal workers are honest but if they have drug habits then all bets are off. You could get away with a lot but if you get caught stealing that is a hanging offense.