VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Letter Shady?

Rate this question

kymike

Question

I filed for sc for Avascular necrosis of my right hip on 8/30/11. I go to my PO box to pick up my VA script on 9/24/11 and find a C&P letter for two exams, one on 9/20/11 and another on 9/21/11. The first was in Carrolltown Ky. About 50-60 miles away from my house. I live in louisville ky close to the VA medical center. So anyway, I missed both my exams. I had sent the VARO a change of address awhile back and have gotten mail from them at home. I kept my Po box address for my VA meds. I don't want my pain meds sent to my house. The letter from C&P was dated 9/12/11. Has anyone here had an exam scheduled 14 days after you applied for service connection?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Call or visit the C&P clinic that scheduled your exam and ask to be rescheduled. It does not matter where you have to go but ask for the place near you.

Missing a C&P can cause a denial. I cannot express how important it is to get this fixed.

Good Luck

I believe the VA is required to give a minimum of 10 days notice, on C&P exams. In this case, it appears, they didn't. I would request a rescheduling of the exams, based on the short notice and the address error. jmo

pr

I'm going to call the C&P office first thing in the morning. I know that it's grounds for denial. I'm so upset. It's partially my fault. My waterpump is out. I should have gone out to my PO box sooner. I never would have quessed that the RO would move that fast! This rush job is what I think is shady. TheC&P doc that gave my last ( horible) exam, works at the clinic in Carrollton. So it looks like they are sending me back to him.This sucks.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA frequently used the same examiner, who generally gives the same result. Even new examiners frequently agree w/previous examiners. Whether it's because they are correct, or not, is another matter. Be sure they have the correct address, this time. I personally don't think it's shady, as it was basically your fault, by having two addresses, of record, and failing to check them in a timely manner. just sayin . . . jmo

pr

I'm going to call the C&P office first thing in the morning. I know that it's grounds for denial. I'm so upset. It's partially my fault. My waterpump is out. I should have gone out to my PO box sooner. I never would have quessed that the RO would move that fast! This rush job is what I think is shady. TheC&P doc that gave my last ( horible) exam, works at the clinic in Carrollton. So it looks like they are sending me back to him.This sucks.

Here's a mistake I've made which is common:

Changing your address with the VA Medical Center doesn't change it with the VA Regional Office or any other regions.

You have to change your address with Regional Offices and every medical facility you use because it's not a central database.